News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PFF heroes and goats the Raiders game

Started by MightyGiants, November 06, 2023, 01:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

OFFENSE

Heroes:

Saquon Barkley

Goats:

Ben Bredeson
Jalin Hyatt
Isaiah Hodgins
Matt Breida
Daniel Jones

DEFENSE

Heroes

Micah McFadden (elite)
Jason Pinnock
Bobby Okereke

Goats

Nick McCloud
Adoree' Jackson
Jihad Ward
Dane Belton
Rakeem Nunez-Roches
Kayvon Thibodeaux
Cor'Dale Flott
Deonte Banks

Pass blocking

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

I'm by no means a Jones supporter but I think it's a bit rough to include him on the Goat list.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on November 06, 2023, 01:45:31 PMI'm by no means a Jones supporter but I think it's a bit rough to include him on the Goat list.

I hear you, but this grading system doesn't "give guys a break" because they feel badly for them.

If we're being truly honest, Jones was, to use as delicate language as I possibly can, not playing especially well yesterday prior to the injury. The knee had nothing to do with him playing the way he did before getting hurt. The grade is fair IMHO.

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 06, 2023, 01:47:54 PMI hear you, but this grading system doesn't "give guys a break" because they feel badly for them.

If we're being truly honest, Jones was, to use as delicate language as I possibly can, not playing especially well yesterday prior to the injury. The knee had nothing to do with him playing the way he did before getting hurt. The grade is fair IMHO.

Fair enough. You're correct.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 06, 2023, 01:47:54 PMI hear you, but this grading system doesn't "give guys a break" because they feel badly for them.

I had heard prior to the game that Jones was still dealing with pain. I was wondering if that pain was impacting his performance (or if it was simply rust or a bad game).
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Time to bench the Breadman and get Glow back onto the offensive line.
Or move Pugh to RT and Glow to LG benching Neal.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Dgoodmantrublu

Hyatt beat his guy deep 4 times in the first half alone and is somehow a goat. PFF is on crack.

Sem

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 06, 2023, 01:55:50 PMI had heard prior to the game that Jones was still dealing with pain. I was wondering if that pain was impacting his performance (or if it was simply rust or a bad game).
Whether pain or rust it was maddening to see NY come out with three straight pass plays to start the game against a Raiders team that's near the bottom of the league in run defense. That's just inexcusable.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Sem on November 06, 2023, 02:27:11 PMWhether pain or rust it was maddening to see NY come out with three straight pass plays to start the game against a Raiders team that's near the bottom of the league in run defense. That's just inexcusable.

and barkley was absolutely gashing them almost every play. again, fire kafka. i will not budge on this.

PSUBeirut

Given the circumstances of the QB play and OL, Barkley has been nothing short of incredible this season.  It will make for an interesting (again) discussion this offseason I'm sure. 

Dgoodmantrublu

They should have had a TD on the first drive. Jones missed a wide open Hyatt. The problem is the QB, not the OC. This need by fans to blame coaches when the players are missing plays that are there is a freaking epidemic.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Sem on November 06, 2023, 02:27:11 PMWhether pain or rust it was maddening to see NY come out with three straight pass plays to start the game against a Raiders team that's near the bottom of the league in run defense. That's just inexcusable.

I shared your frustration.   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dgoodmantrublu

I just could not disagree more with this criticism of Kafka.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 06, 2023, 02:44:00 PMThey should have had a TD on the first drive. Jones missed a wide open Hyatt. The problem is the QB, not the OC. This need by fans to blame coaches when the players are missing plays that are there is a freaking epidemic.

Didn't Mark Sanchez blame Hyatt for not trying to catch the ball inbounds?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dgoodmantrublu

Jones threw that ball completely out of bounds instead of to the open space straight down the sideline. Sanchez always makes excuses for QBs. Hyatt ran a great route and Jones made a horrid throw. Then the next throw, he completely over throws him when he had his guy beat by 3 steps. But sure. That's Hyatt's fault. Nothing is ever the fault of the QB. Let's make more excuses.