News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Will Levis named starter

Started by Fletch, November 08, 2023, 09:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

TDToomer

What is your obsession with the Titans QB depth chart?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Fletch

I guess it is just funny to me to watch teams draft / play QBs ; make moves at QB; jettison QBs because they are making too much money ... while we just let ours play on scholarship. Also people here were saying that he sucked because he didn't get drafted in the first round and he could not even beat out Malik Willis for the back up spot. All that has obviously been proven wrong.

TDToomer

OK but how many new threads are you going to start? The lack of response should indicate that no one cares.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

JT39

Who cares?

He's a rookie QB we will see once every 4 years. He cost his team a win last week with a poor second half performance and a game ending INT. He will make plays, and he will make mistakes on a team that is totally irrelevant.

Jclayton92

Hes not an elite or even great qb prosoect you just made him out to be the end all be all and got upset because the Giants didn't draft him.

The NFL decided he wasnt an elite or even great Qb by letting him fall to the 2nd round, his comp is Tannehill/Jones and why would we as a fan base won't more of that? He's extremely hot and cold as a player, he'll look good one moment and horrible the next, couldn't beat out very pedestrian qbs at Penn st and is not a volume thrower.

The difference in Stroud and Levis as NFL QB prospects is the same as the difference in a pit bull and poodle.

Fletch

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 09, 2023, 11:57:03 AMHes not an elite or even great qb prosoect you just made him out to be the end all be all and got upset because the Giants didn't draft him.

The NFL decided he wasnt an elite or even great Qb by letting him fall to the 2nd round, his comp is Tannehill/Jones and why would we as a fan base won't more of that? He's extremely hot and cold as a player, he'll look good one moment and horrible the next, couldn't beat out very pedestrian qbs at Penn st and is not a volume thrower.

The difference in Stroud and Levis as NFL QB prospects is the same as the difference in a pit bull and poodle.

I never made him out to be that. You are moving the goal posts now. Before it was he could not beat out Malik Willis as a back up. Now you are back to to repeating the same arguments about his draft position.

Sometimes teams with other positional needs get picked later. Dan Marino got picked 27th? Aaron Rodgers got picked 24th.

Not saying that is Levis' calling to be an all time great Hall of famer but things happen.

With the benefit of hindsight picking Levis would have been a really good idea.

And since when is Tannehill the same thing as Daniel Jones? Tannehill has put up legit top 10 passing stats at one time. He has won play off games against Tom Brady. If Daniel Jones starts another game would be a shock to me.

DaveBrown74

There was a time where some thought it was selling Jones short to compare him to Tannehill. Or even Cousins.

As for Levis, I thought he played very well in his first game and decently in the second. Did the Giants make a mistake by not taking him? I tend to doubt that, because I'm not sold that he's going to be some great QB, plus I think we may end up getting someone better in the upcoming draft. Plus I like Banks quite a bit (even though he had a bad game this past Sunday).

DaveBrown74

Why no posting in this thread this week?

Seemed like there was a weekly check-in going on and we were following this guy's progress.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 15, 2023, 06:31:58 AMWhy no posting in this thread this week?

Seemed like there was a weekly check-in going on and we were following this guy's progress.
Because Levis is a pedestrian Qb. He had one decent year in kentucky with an OC from the Shanahan tree in college, and besides that he's done absolutely nothing. I saw him in person play 2 times his last year in college and he was pedestrian then.

Plus he puts mayo in his coffee, which is clearly a sign that something is wrong with his head.