News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Bears' victory pushed the Giants to 3rd in the draft

Started by MightyGiants, November 10, 2023, 09:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I think Arizona will win a game or two (at least) when Murray comes back. Murray is not elite, but he's not bad. He's way better than what they've had to this point.

With that said they clearly want to move on from him and want a top QB, plus their owner doesn't seem like someone with any scruples, so they may still find a way to tank.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 10, 2023, 09:24:24 AMI think Arizona will win a game or two (at least) when Murray comes back. Murray is not elite, but he's not bad. He's way better than what they've had to this point.

With that said they clearly want to move on from him and want a top QB, plus their owner doesn't seem like someone with any scruples, so they may still find a way to tank.
If Murray wins a game, he goes on IR with a hangnail.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 10, 2023, 09:24:24 AMI think Arizona will win a game or two (at least) when Murray comes back. Murray is not elite, but he's not bad. He's way better than what they've had to this point.

I think the Cardinals with Murray can beat the Falcons and Bears. Outside chance they can beat the Texans. All other games would be shockers. Giants need the Cardinals to have a better record, though, given they beat them this year and would lose a direct tiebreaker.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on November 10, 2023, 10:23:26 AMI think the Cardinals with Murray can beat the Falcons and Bears. Outside chance they can beat the Texans. All other games would be shockers. Giants need the Cardinals to have a better record, though, given they beat them this year and would lose a direct tiebreaker.

I was delighted at the time it happened, but that win was a potential disaster in hindsight.

nb587

The game against the Patriots will be huge.  I cant tell if Belichick could tank a game even if he wanted to especially against the Giants.  On the other hand, he needs a QB pretty badly

MightyGiants

Quote from: nb587 on November 10, 2023, 11:21:39 AMThe game against the Patriots will be huge.  I cant tell if Belichick could tank a game even if he wanted to especially against the Giants.  On the other hand, he needs a QB pretty badly

Belichick is fighting for his job at this point
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kingm56

If Carolina has the number 1 pick, will they go QB again?   

DaveBrown74

Quote from: kingm56 on November 10, 2023, 11:39:02 AMIf Carolina has the number 1 pick, will they go QB again?   

I highly doubt it. That would involve Tepper, who has a huge ego, admitting they made a terrible mistake in giving up the house to get Young just one year earlier.

In any event it doesn't matter, because Carolina won't be the team that's picking. The Bears own the pick.

LennG

Quote from: kingm56 on November 10, 2023, 11:39:02 AMIf Carolina has the number 1 pick, will they go QB again? 
[/quote

More likely a big trade down for more picks and a player they really want. They have as many needs as we do except QB
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

SlotCorner

The Bears own Carolina's Number 1 pick and they also currently have the 5. They helped themselves beating Carolina last night and they've got more than enough ammo to move into number 1 if Carolina wins a couple games. Question is whether the Bears want a new QB and are giving up on Fields, who hasn't shown much when he's not hurt. Arizona would probably like to move on from Murray, but didn't he just sign a contract? If the Cards didn't front load it like the Giants did they may wait.

MightyGiants

The Panthers traded that pick to the Bears for this past draft's number one pick
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 10, 2023, 10:30:45 AMI was delighted at the time it happened, but that win was a potential disaster in hindsight.

I could be wrong but I think in the past head to head didn't factor in tie breakers it was strength of schedule. But that also could have changed because it does make more sense to use head to head

Jclayton92

I would think the bears get talent for fields like Marvin Harrison Jr etc

It's the coach in Chicago not the players.

Philosophers

The biggest question is if the Cards believe Murray is still their QB1?  Big question which would affect Giants.