News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

In your mind, is Daniel Jones now officially a bust?

Started by DaveBrown74, November 12, 2023, 06:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In your mind, is Daniel Jones a confirmed bust?

AYM

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 12, 2023, 01:56:34 PMAny member who answers "yes" MUST ALSO believe our management team and/or head coach are also busts.

Otherwise, a "yes" vote makes no sense since THEY signed the bust to a multi-year contract just this year.

So I'll ask anyone who sees this to also address THAT issue.

Bob

I'm not impressed by Schoen or Daboll so far.

TONKA56

Quote from: AYM on November 12, 2023, 06:58:39 PMI'm not impressed by Schoen or Daboll so far.

The bloom is definitely off the rose.

McGIANTS

His offensive line stunk, no Barkley, Wrs weren't getting open. Plus two other WBs couldn't get success with this roster. I know Jones made mistakes, but give him a solid line and see what he can do.

T200

Quote from: McGIANTS on November 12, 2023, 07:36:07 PMHis offensive line stunk, no Barkley, Wrs weren't getting open. Plus two other WBs couldn't get success with this roster. I know Jones made mistakes, but give him a solid line and see what he can do.
We've been saying that for 5 years.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

SlotCorner

He's a QB, drafted 6th. In my mind any QB drafted that high who doesn't become a franchise player is a bust.

I just do not know what happened to the player we saw last year. I thought for sure he was ready to take the next step. But he regressed and the Giants can waste any more time on him.

Dgoodmantrublu

Making the playoffs with Jones was a miracle. Thinking this season is coaching is irrational.

Giant Obsession

Year 3

Game against the Chiefs on Monday night.
I believe it was the first play of the game when he hits their DL or LB on a quick slant.

It was then I truly believed that between the snap and the release of the ball there was some serious confusion going on in his QB head.

Another game we should have won. 

HUGE BUST, helping to set us back another 5 years.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Jclayton92

Quote from: SlotCorner on November 12, 2023, 08:07:16 PMHe's a QB, drafted 6th. In my mind any QB drafted that high who doesn't become a franchise player is a bust.

I just do not know what happened to the player we saw last year. I thought for sure he was ready to take the next step. But he regressed and the Giants can waste any more time on him.
Last season was a mirage, yes he didn't turn it over but he didn't light it up either. The fan base was so starved for good Qb play that they acted like 3200 and 15 were great, when it was just meh.

Giantleap56

I don't think any QB can work under this conditions. It's a terrible situation and yes Shoen is part of the blame. They were selling us the off season moves they all fell apart. The players with injuries and quite frankly they got worse. Afte that 6-1 start Daboll has been trash. The team doesn't have next man up ready. It's an awful team. You can blame Gettleman but Shoen and Daboll do get now the majority of the blame. It's their team. You had a draft free agency and the results have been terrible.

Dgoodmantrublu

The moves fell apart mostly because of Jones. Whose fault is it that he constantly throws into trap coverage. Whose fault is it when he miss Hyatt wide open.

Torus34

Mr. Daniel Jones' value to the Giants can be accurately measured by the amount of money another NFL team's willing to pay for him as a starting QB. 'Nuf said.

Meanwhile, Mr. Thomas Devito appears to have that key characteristic that's required to be the Giant's QB: indestructability. The offensive* front five require nothing less.

It was nice to see the Giants in blue for a change last night.

Go, Big Blue!

* Both meanings intended.

TDToomer

Quote from: Torus34 on November 13, 2023, 05:36:23 AMMr. Daniel Jones' value to the Giants can be accurately measured by the amount of money another NFL team's willing to pay for him as a starting QB. 'Nuf said.

Meanwhile, Mr. Thomas Devito appears to have that key characteristic that's required to be the Giant's QB: indestructability. The offensive* front five require nothing less.

It was nice to see the Giants in blue for a change last night.

Go, Big Blue!

* Both meanings intended.

So after 1 start and 2 relief appearances you have come to the conclusion that DeVito will never get injured. Cool story.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Jclayton92

Quote from: Giantleap56 on November 12, 2023, 10:29:37 PMI don't think any QB can work under this conditions. It's a terrible situation and yes Shoen is part of the blame. They were selling us the off season moves they all fell apart. The players with injuries and quite frankly they got worse. Afte that 6-1 start Daboll has been trash. The team doesn't have next man up ready. It's an awful team. You can blame Gettleman but Shoen and Daboll do get now the majority of the blame. It's their team. You had a draft free agency and the results have been terrible.
Tyrod while he got injured had no problem being productive, were Jones couldn't.

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

T200

Quote from: AZGiantFan on November 13, 2023, 09:53:22 AMAnd were told we were just making excuses.
Speaking only for myself, I've always said it was possible to evaluate Jones even without a decent supporting cast. Some things were so obvious even back then.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: