News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Your bar for Tommy DeVito today

Started by DaveBrown74, November 12, 2023, 10:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Please describe what you would need to see from DeVito today in his first NFL start for you to come out of the game believing he has a legit shot of being on the opening day 53 man roster next season?

If you think there is zero chance of that under any circumstances, please just indicate that instead.

Thanks.

Ed Vette

You really want to make that determination after one start against a team than beat the Giants at home 40-0?

How about some points and less than 7 sacks?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 12, 2023, 10:22:20 AMYou really want to make that determination after one start against a team than beat the Giants at home 40-0?

How about some points and less than 7 sacks?

It would not be a firm conclusion or determination by any means. It would be more of a first real impression of the kid in a meaningful start and a prediction of how you might be feeling about his future this evening based on a certain performance level.

andrew_nyGiants

I would like to see zero turnovers and solid decision making. That would signal some growth to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on November 12, 2023, 10:44:10 AMI would like to see zero turnovers and solid decision making. That would signal some growth to me.

We couldn't get that from the 40million dollar QB.

I'd be utterly surprised if the UDFA QB, making his first start, will provide that.

Ed Vette

Looking better than Glennon and Fromm. If he outplays DJ's game, that's a good benchmark.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

I think it is also important not to give him too much credit if he racks up some cheap stats in the late 3rd and 4th quarter if/when they're down by three or four scores. That happened in the Vegas game, and those stats really don't mean that much. What matters is how he looks when the game is still at least somewhat in question. If he's awful during that period but then puts together some cheap late yards and a cheap TD when the Giants have zero shot, it's important to parse that data appropriately. That's almost as irrelevant as preseason play IMO.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 12, 2023, 11:00:11 AMI think it is also important not to give him too much credit if he racks up some cheap stats in the late 3rd and 4th quarter if/when they're down by three or four scores. That happened in the Vegas game, and those stats really don't mean that much. What matters is how he looks when the game is still at least somewhat in question. If he's awful during that period but then puts together some cheap late yards and a cheap TD when the Giants have zero shot, it's important to parse that data appropriately. That's almost as irrelevant as preseason play IMO.
Well, now you're setting the bar and inserting parameters. Did DJ put up garbage time points? 
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

andrew_nyGiants

Oh one more thing; I want to see a meatball sub (courtesy of his mom) in his hands during the post game presser.

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 12, 2023, 11:03:54 AMWell, now you're setting the bar and inserting parameters. Did DJ put up garbage time points? 

Yes, sometimes he did. So do most QBs on bad teams.

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

spiderblue43

Other than not having last rites issued for Tommy..just avoid dumb plays..take what's there.. :Giants:

Giant Obsession

IF......IF.....IF.....

our Pillsbury doughboy coach and semi clueless OC have or can produce plays that would help mirror his skill set along with showing a little ingenuity I think Touchdown Tommy can give us a respectable showing.....20 points minimum.

Hey, this aint the '85 Bears defense.  And we do have some skill players, some in their infancy.

Let's see what this 10 captain, change the culture leadership is really all about. 

This game isn't about Touchdown Tommy, he has performed on big stages before.  For me this game is all about Daboli, Kafka, and if this team really has pride....has changed the culture.

It is time to step up for these players and coaches....or get out and be gone.  And that is immaterial to who is at QB.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

spiderblue43

Giants Obsession,

After the Raiders game (which they quit  off the bus)..if there is any pride and  a culture change..will know pretty quickly against the dreaded Pokes. :  :yes: