News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants offensive and defensive rankings

Started by MightyGiants, November 13, 2023, 09:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

I know Wink is taking his lumps but the defense can only play so long before they get gassed. The offense is so inept, I'm sure all the defensive players will have career highs in snaps this season.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on November 13, 2023, 09:55:10 AMI know Wink is taking his lumps but the defense can only play so long before they get gassed. The offense is so inept, I'm sure all the defensive players will have career highs in snaps this season.
Tim, it was 28-0 at halftime. If the players are gassed before the half, I have to look at the coaches and the strength and conditioning team.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 13, 2023, 11:41:01 AMTim, it was 28-0 at halftime. If the players are gassed before the half, I have to look at the coaches and the strength and conditioning team.
In that half, the Giants' TOP was 11:10 versus 19:50 for Dallas. The Giants ran a total of 17 offensive plays with 4 3-and-outs. Dallas ran 42 offensive plays. 42.

It's not just the physical toll of having to chase fast receivers and running backs all over the field. It's the mental aspect of getting their asses handed to them yet again.

And I'm all for better conditioning for them as well.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

expatriot

Well, the defense has to STOP them. Not chase after them like chickens in the barnyard.

Ed Vette

Quote from: expatriot on November 13, 2023, 01:22:35 PMWell, the defense has to STOP them. Not chase after them like chickens in the barnyard.

The Defense kept their Offense off the field and the Offense put their Defense right back on the field.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin