News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Which fan base has it worse? Giants or the Jets

Started by MightyGiants, November 13, 2023, 10:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

If the Giants continue to lose, they will be in a position to turn the franchise around by drafting an elite QB prospect.

The Jets are very unlikely to make the playoffs, and their prospects at QB (an aged Rodgers coming off a serious injury or a QB who has shown to be a bust) are murky at best.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

SlotCorner

Both fanbases had some optimism going in, but Jets fans were making super bowl travel plans. We Giants fans had a lot of "if this" and "if that."  That said, Jets fans should be used to disappointment.

Symphony Steve

Right now, the Giants.  The Jets have a much more promising nucleus.  A top-notch WR, and one of the better D's in the League.  Even if Aaron Rodgers is not 'Aaron Rodgers' next year, they're a playoff team.  They've had fewer 'bust' draft picks, and more impactful draft picks.

Ed Vette

The Jets have one of the best Defenses in the NFL. If Rodgers was playing, they win at least five more games. They have Tommy DeVito at QB with two seasons of experience.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Right now, I would say we have it worse. The Jets have an elite D, two elite playmakers on offense, and are only struggling this year because Zach Wilson is still the QB. That was only due to an injury. I fully believe that they would be a serious contender with a healthy Rodgers. They'll be better next year.

Us? We MAY get a top two QB prospect, who MAY be good. That's two MAYs right there. And the rest of our non-QB roster is much, much worse than the Jets'.

Simply put, they are a lot closer to contention than we are. I don't think it's remotely close.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 13, 2023, 10:55:45 AMRight now, I would say we have it worse. The Jets have an elite D, two elite playmakers on offense, and are only struggling this year because Zach Wilson is still the QB. That was only due to an injury. I fully believe that they would be a serious contender with a healthy Rodgers. They'll be better next year.

Us? We MAY get a top two QB prospect, who MAY be good. That's two MAYs right there. And the rest of our non-QB roster is much, much worse than the Jets'.

Simply put, they are a lot closer to contention than we are. I don't think it's remotely close.

Jeff,

I appreciate your point about the Giants' "mays", but I think you need to give the Jets a big "may" for the effective return of a 40-year-old Rodgers coming off a major injury.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 13, 2023, 11:10:58 AMJeff,

I appreciate your point about the Giants' "mays", but I think you need to give the Jets a big "may" for the effective return of a 40-year-old Rodgers coming off a major injury.

Totally fair, Rich.

I stand by my point about the two rosters being not remotely close though, and I think that's a pretty key point in this debate (no matter how each team's QB situation turns out).

PSUBeirut

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 13, 2023, 11:10:58 AMJeff,

Agreed.  This year was supposed to be the Jets run at a title.  Next year's team is going to look different.  Rodgers being over 40 and coming off a major injury is not a place you want to be.  But it's hard to argue any team in the league is in a worse spot than our Giants so the Jets may get the nod just by default.

DaveBrown74

Here is one way to consider it:

Forget Rodgers for a moment and forget how good you think one of these rookie QBs might be for a moment.

Which team would be better next year if an average/solid QB like Goff or Cousins were brought in? And would it be remotely close? Because one thing I'm pretty sure of: Zach Wilson will not be the Jets' QB next year, no matter what. If Rodgers can't play or retires or struggles, they'll have a better alternative than Zach next year. Zach is awful. The fact that they're still somewhat competitive with him as QB shows how strong the rest of the team is.