News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

After the darkness there is always a bright light

Started by LennG, November 15, 2023, 11:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

So I mentioned my health problems the other day. As of now, and after going to our doctor, I seem to be well on the road to recovery. My pneumonia is gone, though I still have a cough, and the terrible purple color of my entire right side has almost faded.

So the light that I spoke of, is that we became new grandparents once again last night. Our son Wade (whom some have met) and his wife Meridith have blessed us with grandchild #4, Rowan Isaac. Mother and baby are doing fine but I can't speak for Dad.

Pics to follow.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

That's great news on both fronts, Lenny!!!

Congratulations on feeling better and little Rowan!  <:-P  <:-P  <:-P
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jolly Blue Giant

Glad to hear the good news Lenn. Prayer works!
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: LennG on November 15, 2023, 11:50:49 AMSo I mentioned my health problems the other day. As of now, and after going to our doctor, I seem to be well on the road to recovery. My pneumonia is gone, though I still have a cough, and the terrible purple color of my entire right side has almost faded.

So the light that I spoke of, is that we became new grandparents once again last night. Our son Wade (whom some have met) and his wife Meridith have blessed us with grandchild #4, Rowan Isaac. Mother and baby are doing fine but I can't speak for Dad.

Pics to follow.

Lenn: Please express my congratulations to Wade on the birth of Rowan Isaac.

What a coincidence... my only grandchild is also named Rowan... but she's a she!

Rowan, as you know, is such a nice Jewish name... right out of the Old Testament...

Bob

PS.  ... the version printed in Scotland. lol

PPS. According to my daughter it's now quite a popular name because of some movie (can't recall the title).
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Sem

Great news all around, Len. Congratulations to all!!  <:-P

LennG

Thank you all for the well wishes. Wade sent me pics on my cell phone but I'll be damned if I know how to get them here. I asked him to email me instead and when he does, I'll post. Born about 2 weeks early by induced labor.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Great news all around, Lenn. So happy to hear it!
Congrats to you and the family on the newest member.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

squibber

Great news, Lenn!

If your next grandchild is a boy, may I suggest the name Martin. That way you can tell people your grandchildren are Rowan and Martin. You can have a Laugh In.

LennG

Quote from: squibber on November 24, 2023, 01:46:47 PMGreat news, Lenn!

If your next grandchild is a boy, may I suggest the name Martin. That way you can tell people your grandchildren are Rowan and Martin. You can have a Laugh In.

I will pass that along.   =))  =))  =))  =))

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Sorry this has taken me so long to post a few pix of the new little Giants fan

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Love it!
Nice pix of the little one and a great looking family!
Once again, congratulations!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

T200

Congrats again, Len! You look like you're in heaven!!! Great pics!

Thanks for sharing them with us! 👍🏾
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Bob In PA

Lenn: Sincerely, in a few photos he looks a lot like you. Bob PS. Tough break. lol
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

LennG

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 14, 2023, 10:43:16 AMLenn: Sincerely, in a few photos he looks a lot like you. Bob PS. Tough break. lol

Yeah, but he has more hair.

Thanks everyone for the kind words

Charlie Weiss