News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Bo in Blue?

Started by Ed Vette, November 19, 2023, 09:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Trade down and pick up a 23 second and a 24 first. Although the Giants Maye have other plans.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/11/19/bo-nix-oregon-history-arizona-state-heisman-favorite
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

andrew_nyGiants

Harrison in the 1st, Bo in the 2nd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Ed Vette

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on November 19, 2023, 09:26:43 AMHarrison in the 1st, Bo in the 2nd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think Bo will move up to the top ten.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Then we have Jayden Daniels who was responsible for 8 EIGHT touchdowns. Six passing and two rushing.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Unless Schoen is absolutely in full-blown man-love with one of the QBs or Marvin Harrison, I see no reason that they shouldn't trade down for a haul. My instincts tell me Schoen wants to keep DJ, but draft a solid QB to groom, but not take over for a couple of years. If he pulls the trigger on one of the QBs with his first, then DJ's days as a Giant are numbered, but he'll still get starts next season. Nothing to back this up, just my personal intuition
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Uni

I was watching Penix last night and it occurred to me that as a lefty, the blindside protector is the right tackle. Unless Thomas moves to RT, I don't know if this is such a good idea. And that's shame, because Penix has a really live arm and great accuracy on the deep ball.

I see the numbers, but I can't get over how bad Bo was in his Auburn days. Is he really that much improved?

spiderblue43

Nix should be first row for the Heisman. How can you play any better? 35 tds/2 int...almost 3700 yards passing..3rd in qbr..his Ducks still in the hunt for it all..hello.
 :knockONwood:

Jclayton92

Bo Nix eerily reminds me of Jones. He was very Jones like at Auburn avging 2500 15 and 6. When he got to Oregon that changed, but he didn't change, the talent around him did which is alarming. Couple that with age and injuries and Nix is a player I'd like us to avoid.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 19, 2023, 09:40:32 AMI think Bo will move up to the top ten.

It's certainly possible, although I think it's more likely this happens if he shines in games against tougher Ds than he has seen all year in the Pac-12. He'll get his chance in the playoffs or, if not, a good bowl game (provided he doesn't wuss out and skip it).

Ed Vette

It's all about what Bo was asked to do and he was a Freshman and Sophomore at Auburn. Look at last season where he rushed for over 70 carries and 500 yards compared to this season. He had a good showing against Washington even though they lost last 2 minutes. Beat USC and Calib, Utah is no slouch, and beat UNC and Maye in the Holiday Bowl.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

JT39

Bo Nix is not the answer. Please stay away.

Plays on a loaded team. No defense conference. What s funny stat? He's been sacked less this year than Devito was sacked in the first quarter.

Stat lines are deceiving. Stay clear.

files58

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 19, 2023, 09:22:19 AMTrade down and pick up a 23 second and a 24 first. Although the Giants Maye have other plans.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/11/19/bo-nix-oregon-history-arizona-state-heisman-favorite

Ed: As for Bo, if he looks like that next week I'll get interested in him (as a potential high 1st-rounder).

As for Maye, hard to tell because he seldom plays against any of the professional college football teams. lol

Regardless of those two or anyone else, the crap hits the fan next weekend.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 20, 2023, 09:12:51 AMEd: As for Bo, if he looks like that next week I'll get interested in him (as a potential high 1st-rounder).

As for Maye, hard to tell because he seldom plays against any of the professional college football teams. lol

Regardless of those two or anyone else, the crap hits the fan next weekend.

Bob
Clemson has a solid secondary. UNC had a good Run Game to offset that. As the competition gets stronger, the HC and OC need to adjust.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

I understand the caution around Bo Nix, and I'm not necessarily advocating for him at this point, but he's having an exceptional year this year, and he was pretty good last year too. His build and athleticism are both clear plusses. Obviously those latter points could be made about Daniel Jones too, so I'm certainly not drawing any conclusions on those points, but there are things to like about him.

I think his draft position will come down to him (1) getting his team to the playoffs (ie winning the Pac 12) and (2) then playing well in the playoffs against bona fide elite teams like UGA, OSU, Mich, etc. If he excels in games against opponents like that, and particularly if Oregon wins the National Championship, I think he's going to be a top 10 pick.

Needless to say, that doesn't mean he'll excel in the NFL, or even necessarily be decent for that matter, but if we're just talking about where he'll go, I think getting to the playoffs and then performing well in the playoffs will push him into top 10 status.

Just my opinion.