News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

God I hate the Eagles

Started by JT39, November 20, 2023, 11:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT39

MagicRat

Smell my cheese you mother!

DaveBrown74

Yup.

Brutal too, because every game they win increases the likelihood that their week 18 game in Met Life will mean absolutely zero to them, and they'll have non-NFL caliber scrubs like you won't believe playing in that game. Whereas we'll go all-out to win that game. And we will for sure, if those are the circumstances.

But don't despair: the good news is that winning that game will be a huge building block towards establishing a winning culture here, it will carry over into the offseason and will directly impact next season, so it's a huge deal. Plus every draft pick is a crap shoot so it doesn't matter at all where you are picking. So we need to look at the positives.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 21, 2023, 06:45:15 AMYup.

Brutal too, because every game they win increases the likelihood that their week 18 game in Met Life will mean absolutely zero to them, and they'll have non-NFL caliber scrubs like you won't believe playing in that game. Whereas we'll go all-out to win that game. And we will for sure, if those are the circumstances.

But don't despair: the good news is that winning that game will be a huge building block towards establishing a winning culture here, it will carry over into the offseason and will directly impact next season, so it's a huge deal. Plus every draft pick is a crap shoot so it doesn't matter at all where you are picking. So we need to look at the positives.
/sarcasm/
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Gmo11

The eagles are so good I'm not convinced the Giants could even beat their scrubs. Also Sirianni is such a jackass he might play the starters anyway just so they can have a 50 point win heading into the playoffs. I've never wanted to punch a coach more than this guy.

Giant Jim

I hate Dallas, always have, always will. Nothing more.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Gmo11 on November 21, 2023, 08:22:10 AMThe eagles are so good I'm not convinced the Giants could even beat their scrubs. Also Sirianni is such a jackass he might play the starters anyway just so they can have a 50 point win heading into the playoffs. I've never wanted to punch a coach more than this guy.

Maybe. But if that game decides whether the Giants are in position to draft one of Maye/Williams, or not, I doubt the Eagles will try very hard to win. The players they put on the field will try their hardest of course, but they will be scrubs of the highest order. Like 3s types (ie not even quality backups).

If you're the Eagles why would you want to help pave the way towards a divisional team getting a potentially elite QB by trying to win an absolutely meaningless game? I just don't see it. We need that game to mean something to them.

H-Town G-Fan

Symphony Steve

There's only one bye now in each conference, right?

Detroit's right there. If Dallas beats Detroit, then Dallas is right there. Not to mention the Niners.

The last thing the Eagles will be worried about is where the Giants pick in the draft.

AYM

Quote from: Symphony Steve on November 21, 2023, 11:08:28 AMThere's only one bye now in each conference, right?

Detroit's right there. If Dallas beats Detroit, then Dallas is right there. Not to mention the Niners.

The last thing the Eagles will be worried about is where the Giants pick in the draft.

Assuming the Eagles have something to play for.

If they don't, they can and will absolutely throw that game, so blatantly that people will know it's fixed. And Sirianni will do it in a way to humiliate the Giants too, like having QBs toss the ball directly to Giants players bad.

Or lead by 20 in the 4th quarter with 5 minutes to go and just start letting Giants players run down the field with no one covering them.

"Oops, our defense totally was confused on some of those 4th quarter plays, our offense was careless with the ball, *wink* *wink* can't let that happen in the playoffs"

Fletch

You hate the Eagles give me a break. What did you get out your VHS collection from the good old days ?

I hate the Chiefs and the Patriots from previous SB more. And yeah I root for them against the Patriots in the SB and last night too!

I hate punks who seem to need a 15 yard roughing the passer call on every single late game drive or phantom holding call or BS PI call; like they are the M Jordan of the 90s without the talent, and  that the NFL seems to trying desperation time to establish this precedent. I hate merry go round plays that suck and look  lame and fruity i.e. Reid gadget plays

I hate cross over Taylor Swift. I hate TV commercials with big pharma and NFL players. Players who wear pants off their butt and show no class at parades like Mahomes. Players who turm the NFL into WWF. ie i do not like Kelce Mahomes Reid or the Chiefs.

Need I go on? Relatively speaking Eagles are OK. We're not in their weight division ; not for a long time. Thank Mara.

I am actuallt realy enjoying the MNF melt down . Eagles at this point are another team that would be tough like having to plat the Dolphins or Chiefs 2x a year

MagicRat

I couldn't give a flying, furry one about KC, NE, Tom Brady or Taylor Swift.

But I hope with all my heart that Philli and Dallas's next collective sh1t is a hedgehog.
Smell my cheese you mother!