News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Is Daniel Jones contract insured ??

Started by Giant Obsession, November 21, 2023, 08:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giant Obsession

I know in baseball it is commonplace to insure with an outside agency that the player is able and healthy to fulfill the terms of their contract.  I assume this relates to them being available for the year (season) or longer.

Again I would assume that the same type of insurance is available to NFL owners covering their players.

If so, it would seem the smart thing to do is collect for the 2nd year of DJ's contract by not having him play.  Given the nature of his injury and the nature of his work I would not think that is a stretch by any means.

Now, while we still will have the cap hit of 47 million dollars, it is way for ownership to at least recoup a good deal of the money that ill advised (the dollar anount) contract caused.   And I doubt 40some million dollars is pocket change to ownership when the opportunity like I just stated exists.

And if you are ownership what would you do ??

I would do 2 things.....1. make sure DJ never sees the field next year.   AND 2. Have a meeting with our HC and GM and tell them they had better pour their skills and reputations into developing further # 15 for the rest of the season.  Daboll has already put himself on a hot seat this year and could use some redemption.  It's "show me" time for the HC of the New York Football Giants.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Dgoodmantrublu

Daboll should not be on the hot seat at all. He's a good coach. Jones reverting to crap doesn't change that. Having a xxxx ton of OL injuries doesn't change that. We have to stop cycling through coaches. It is lazy to blame coaching for this season.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Giant Obsession on November 21, 2023, 08:17:28 PMI know in baseball it is commonplace to insure with an outside agency that the player is able and healthy to fulfill the terms of their contract.  I assume this relates to them being available for the year (season) or longer.

Again I would assume that the same type of insurance is available to NFL owners covering their players.

If so, it would seem the smart thing to do is collect for the 2nd year of DJ's contract by not having him play.  Given the nature of his injury and the nature of his work I would not think that is a stretch by any means.

Now, while we still will have the cap hit of 47 million dollars, it is way for ownership to at least recoup a good deal of the money that ill advised (the dollar anount) contract caused.   And I doubt 40some million dollars is pocket change to ownership when the opportunity like I just stated exists.

And if you are ownership what would you do ??

I would do 2 things.....1. make sure DJ never sees the field next year.   AND 2. Have a meeting with our HC and GM and tell them they had better pour their skills and reputations into developing further # 15 for the rest of the season.  Daboll has already put himself on a hot seat this year and could use some redemption.  It's "show me" time for the HC of the New York Football Giants.

To be honest, I couldn't care less about the owners money.  If insuring his contract doesn't claw back CAP space, and it doesn't, I'm not interested.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

GeauxJints

IDK about insured, but I did read something a few weeks back that said if DJ plays next season and gets injured and is out for the year, they have to pay him more than what is already guaranteed. Anyone know anything about that?