News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tommy D was destined to be a Giant

Started by MightyGiants, November 26, 2023, 09:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime

Good stuff all the way around Rich :Chestram:

Dgoodmantrublu

He's destined to create a ton of sacks with his complete lack of pocket presence.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 26, 2023, 09:58:30 PMHe's destined to create a ton of sacks with his complete lack of pocket presence.

The man was rookie of the week last week and has the team on a two-game winning streak.  You might want to cut him some slack.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dgoodmantrublu

Tired of watching mediocre QB play for this team. We won't compete until we get real QB play.

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 27, 2023, 08:15:20 AMThe man was rookie of the week last week and has the team on a two-game winning streak.  You might want to cut him some slack.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 27, 2023, 10:17:15 AMTired of watching mediocre QB play for this team. We won't compete until we get real QB play.

Considering how "sudden" his rise to the position of starting QB was, I think he has done a great job.

There is so much to learn, and you can't learn it by reading a book.

It takes time on the field and IMO he needs a lot more before we can see how good he can be.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

coggs

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 27, 2023, 08:15:20 AMThe man was rookie of the week last week and has the team on a two-game winning streak.  You might want to cut him some slack.
Yeah, HE has them on a 2-game winning streak.  Too funny.  They had 1 drive over 40 yards yesterday and all 10 points were scored on short fields. 

Dgoodmantrublu

We scored 10 points against a terrible team and all the points were really set up by the defense. The offense was putrid. The standard here for QB play is incredibly low.

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 27, 2023, 10:20:07 AMConsidering how "sudden" his rise to the position of starting QB was, I think he has done a great job.

There is so much to learn, and you can't learn it by reading a book.

It takes time on the field and IMO he needs a lot more before we can see how good he can be.

Bob

Bob In PA

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 27, 2023, 10:51:33 AMWe scored 10 points against a terrible team and all the points were really set up by the defense. The offense was putrid. The standard here for QB play is incredibly low.
D: I don't think our standards (or the team's) are low.... we are just stuck with what we've got right now.

And so are Giants. The guy they thought could win games is unavailable, so why play an old guy with no upside?

In a wasted season, why get a solid backup QB injured and maybe end his career with this OL when it costs us nothing and, at worst, gets us a better draft position to play DeVito?  I don't think there is any consideration for Taylor, not because they (or we) don't like him, but maybe because they DO !!!

Bob

Dgoodmantrublu

You misunderstand me. I don't care who starts the rest of this season. I just am annoyed by the love fest for this mediocre QB because he's Italian and from New Jersey. If we don't address the QB position with a high pick, we have no chance to compete for the next two seasons. The situation is very dire.

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 27, 2023, 11:27:39 AMD: I don't think our standards (or the team's) are low, we're just stuck with what we've got right now.

And so are Giants. The guy they thought could win games is unavailable, so why play an old guy with no upside?

In a wasted season, why get a solid backup QB injured and maybe end his career with this OL when it costs us nothing and, at worst, gets us a better draft position.  I don't think there is any consideration for Taylor, not because they (or we) don't like him, but maybe because they DO !!!

Bob

BluesCruz

to a great extent a lot of you are blaming the wrong position

if your RB gets a consistent 1 yd or worse on downs 1 and 2

3rd down becomes a nightmage as opponents know you are not running and then can pin their ears back and go sack the QB (both Jones and DeVito)

We have a very highly paid RB who just does not move the rock except for one or two long runs per game (maybe).....nice guy, great character guy but he has to go

also the Oline will not put out a great effort if they know the RB is likely to fail
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Dgoodmantrublu

Blaming Barkley is ludicrous. He's the best offensive player on the team.  DeVito constantly creates sacks on his own. But you will make any excuse for him you can. Just like the Jones crew will do with him.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 27, 2023, 11:31:32 AMYou misunderstand me. I don't care who starts the rest of this season. I just am annoyed by the love fest for this mediocre QB because he's Italian and from New Jersey. If we don't address the QB position with a high pick, we have no chance to compete for the next two seasons. The situation is very dire.

D: Sorry about that.  I don't love the guy.  I think he's not ready for prime time, but still doing ok especially considering the adverse circumstances. Sometimes, fire makes steel. We can only hope. lol

MightyGiants

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 27, 2023, 11:31:32 AMYou misunderstand me. I don't care who starts the rest of this season. I just am annoyed by the love fest for this mediocre QB because he's Italian and from New Jersey. If we don't address the QB position with a high pick, we have no chance to compete for the next two seasons. The situation is very dire.

https://x.com/DanSchneierNFL/status/1729185934376415270?s=20

https://x.com/DanSchneierNFL/status/1729169630919590377?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Nice, Rich, but even a blind pig finds the occasional acorn.

I'm NOT denigrating that throw or DeVito but I promise even the best QB's just plain get lucky once in a while. 

If he does it again next week and the next week (two would be enough) THEN I might get a change of underwear ready.

Bob