News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tommy D was destined to be a Giant

Started by MightyGiants, November 26, 2023, 09:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dgoodmantrublu

Rich-He made a couple of throws. He's still a mediocre at best prospect. Did you listen to Dan's postgame. He agrees with me more than he does with you.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 27, 2023, 01:57:38 PMRich-He made a couple of throws. He's still a mediocre at best prospect. Did you listen to Dan's postgame. He agrees with me more than he does with you.

1)  I will be more than happy if we find a solid backup QB in Tommy D.

2)  I don't share your hero worship of Dan.  Dan isn't an NFL expert by experience or training; he is essentially a fan with a gig with CBS Sports as part of their fantasy football team.   

Now if you have a former GM or HC or even someone with some college-level coaching experience or formal training, then I would be more inclined to listen.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

BluesCruz

I don't understand how some posters can come to the conclusion Tommy D is just a mediocre QB who has somehow miraculously righted the ship

I will say he can still get better.  However, we will have see how that plays out over the rest of the season.

He has made life miserable for the Draft-Tankers on here no doubt.

Give him a better Oline and a back who can move the chains on 1st and or 2nd down, and he
should excel. 

Positives-

Positive Attitude

-Cool under pressure
-Shows leadership and confidence in the huddle
-very few mistakes
-works throughly through his progressions
-a terrific touch on most all of his passes- puts a catchable ball on the money and not over their heads or behind receivers
-young, respectful, and willing to learn
-he works very closely and keeps an open dialouge with the coaches
-so far- a winner
-good pedigree from his stint at Illinois, and Don Bosco
-overcame much adversity at Syracuse but emerged intact
-Does not cost us much CAP
-very aware of ball security
-His teammates seem to really like him
-He is a feel good story on a team that has been in the dumps for a long time

Negatives

- a little slow escaping the pocket
- has to overcome the status of an UDFA
- takes too many sacks

Summation

Lets ride with Tommy the next 6 games and see where the chips fall.  As for Tanking- not in the NYG DNA
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Dgoodmantrublu

Nick Falato coached in college. I'd put that pod up against your hero worship of the failed Browns GM.

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 27, 2023, 02:24:21 PM1)  I will be more than happy if we find a solid backup QB in Tommy D.

2)  I don't share your hero worship of Dan.  Dan isn't an NFL expert by experience or training; he is essentially a fan with a gig with CBS Sports as part of their fantasy football team.   

Now if you have a former GM or HC or even someone with some college-level coaching experience or formal training, then I would be more inclined to listen.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 27, 2023, 02:32:24 PMNick Falato coached in college. I'd put that pod up against your hero worship of the failed Browns GM.

You said Dan, not Nick.  Nick's opinions are worth considering.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dgoodmantrublu

And one more thing. The few clips you cherry picked were fine to use. But not the evaluations that disagree with your notions. Maybe I should leave this place again. Doesn't seem opposing views are welcomed.

Dgoodmantrublu

Unreal. Dan's views being discounted just because they contradict yours. He puts in a ton of time. Not rehashing excuses. Ok. I'm done. Maybe I'll come back at a different time. But I'm out for now.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 27, 2023, 02:34:08 PMAnd one more thing. The few clips you cherry picked were fine to use. But not the evaluations that disagree with your notions. Maybe I should leave this place again. Doesn't seem opposing views are welcomed.

I must have missed something. Are there some clips you posted that showed Tommy in a negative light, and they weren't welcome?  Can you post a link to them?

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 27, 2023, 02:35:22 PMUnreal. Dan's views being discounted just because they contradict yours. He puts in a ton of time. Not rehashing excuses. Ok. I'm done. Maybe I'll come back at a different time. But I'm out for now.

I "put in a ton of time" as well, but that didn't stop you from discounting my views "just because they contradict yours."
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: BluesCruz on November 27, 2023, 02:29:08 PMI don't understand how some posters can come to the conclusion Tommy D is just a mediocre QB who has somehow miraculously righted the ship

I will say he can still get better. 

Blues: Super post. Thanks for all the detail. I really appreciate the work. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

It's hard to imagine getting this emotional about the likes of Tommy DeVito in the midst of a 4-8 Giants season.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 27, 2023, 07:06:09 PMIt's hard to imagine getting this emotional about the likes of Tommy DeVito in the midst of a 4-8 Giants season.
You're not from NJ, are you?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 27, 2023, 07:19:41 PMYou're not from NJ, are you?

No, but I'm 1/4 Italian, so maybe I should feel some degree of emotion about it.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 27, 2023, 07:26:55 PMNo, but I'm 1/4 Italian, so maybe I should feel some degree of emotion about it.
=))
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

DJ faced better teams but they both faced Dallas. Less attempts and more TD's. Higher sack %
~ Coach Tom Coughlin