News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Who would you want to replace Kafka

Started by killarich, November 26, 2023, 05:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killarich

If he was to be replaced

How about this familiar name .. Pat Shurmur .... He has a way of working with QB's

Who else ?

NY47GIANTS

Daniel Jones.

Nobody will know how to call plays for him better than the legend himself.

Jclayton92

AZGiantFan

I don't know about OC, but I'd give Davis Webb a hard look for QB coach.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

Quote from: AZGiantFan on November 26, 2023, 06:46:54 PMI don't know about OC, but I'd give Davis Webb a hard look for QB coach.

I don't know how much of a look he'd give us. He already has that job already somewhere else, and the QB he is working with is a likely Hall of Famer. My guess is the next time Webb uproots himself it will be for an OC job.

Not to mention we have Tierney, who is a Daboll guy.

Giant Obsession

I have no interest in a Daboll "guy".  It is time for Schoen to exercise a little power and bring in someone outside the box.

Outside of that I am not sure Kafka should be any kind of fall guy regarding our play calling.

I think it was pure our HC calling the shots, especially in the Buffalo and Jets game.

We should very easily be 6 - 6 with at least some interest heading 
down the road to seasons end. 

The fact we are not lies squarely at the feet of our HC i.m.o.

Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Philosophers

It can't be an OC who on 3rd and long calls plays in which the WR catches it so short of the first down marker that it automatically becomes 4th down.  I am sick of watching this all season.  3rd and 11 and throw a behind the LOS pass to a WR who goes for 3 yards setting up a 4th and 8.  Another typical throw is 3rd and 10 and throw a 4 yard pass that gets another 2 yards after the catch to be 4th and 4.  Throw the friggin ball to the first down market or beyond it otherwise punt on 3rd down.

TDToomer

Quote from: Giant Obsession on November 26, 2023, 07:42:02 PMI have no interest in a Daboll "guy".  It is time for Schoen to exercise a little power and bring in someone outside the box.

Outside of that I am not sure Kafka should be any kind of fall guy regarding our play calling.

I think it was pure our HC calling the shots, especially in the Buffalo and Jets game.

We should very easily be 6 - 6 with at least some interest heading 
down the road to seasons end. 

The fact we are not lies squarely at the feet of our HC i.m.o.

Is Kafka really a Daboll guy? He was with the Chiefs not the Bills.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

T200

Kevin Gilbride  :ok:

In all seriousness, I'd like to see someone young-ish brought up from a top college offense.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Dgoodmantrublu

No one. I want Kafka. He should be brought back. Get a QB.

Woody

Yes the play calling at times is weird in my opinion. Like yesterday they were moving down field on opening possession and had just completed a nice pass for gain to 22 or so
Line. Then he tries the stupid end around with Robinson and he fumbles! Stick with what got you down there ...running and short passes etc. until it gets stopped by defense....
Just seems like after a big gain during a game he tries a trick play or two that usually kills the momentum...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

President Rick

some of this on the Frank Reich thread, too.  I'd bring in Reich as OC if Kafka gets the boot.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.