News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Frank Reich out as HC for the Panthers

Started by MightyGiants, November 27, 2023, 01:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

Panthers are a sh1t show. How long has been there?

andrew_nyGiants

He's a much better OC/QB Coach. He's not good as a HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Uni

At this rate, he going to be paying more coaches than Mark Davis

DaveBrown74

The Panthers appear to be in significantly worse shape as a franchise than when Tepper purchased them. It has been one bad move after the next with that team.

Firing someone 11 games into his tenure is fairly extreme. I get that Tepper is unhappy with the performance, but how does he expect to attract quality candidates if he is that impatient?

He needs to put in an interim coach, fire the GM at the end of the season, and then hire a GM who has a coach in mind.

Make the GM fully responsible for everything. And then back the hell off yourself. That would be my advice to him. Being an NFL owner is not a vanity project for one to satisfy his massive ego. I feel like that is how he has treated this so far. And believe me, I am someone who has a lot of respect for his achievements in financial markets. I am always interested in what he has to say in that arena, as he has made some fantastic calls over the years and has enjoyed historic success. But I'm not impressed at all with the sheer hubris he has displayed as the owner of this franchise. I guess since we're all fans of a different team in the same conference, we should be content to just let this disaster continue.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 27, 2023, 03:19:31 PMThe Panthers appear to be in significantly worse shape as a franchise than when Tepper purchased them. It has been one bad move after the next with that team.

Firing someone 11 games into his tenure is fairly extreme. I get that Tepper is unhappy with the performance, but how does he expect to attract quality candidates if he is that impatient?

He needs to put in an interim coach, fire the GM at the end of the season, and then hire a GM who has a coach in mind.

Make the GM fully responsible for everything. And then back the hell off yourself. That would be my advice to him. Being an NFL owner is not a vanity project for one to satisfy his massive ego. I feel like that is how he has treated this so far. And believe me, I am someone who has a lot of respect for his achievements in financial markets. I am always interested in what he has to say in that arena, as he has made some fantastic calls over the years and has enjoyed historic success. But I'm not impressed at all with the sheer hubris he has displayed as the owner of this franchise. I guess since we're all fans of a different team in the same conference, we should be content to just let this disaster continue.

https://x.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1729171743141720383?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 27, 2023, 03:40:37 PMhttps://x.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1729171743141720383?s=20

Pure hubris.

If you were the best zoologist in the world, would you think that meant you'd be a really good violinist too? Of course not.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 27, 2023, 03:48:24 PMPure hubris.

If you were the best zoologist in the world, would you think that meant you'd be a really good violinist too? Of course not.

He reminds me of Dan Snyder.   From what I have heard, Reich wanted to draft CJ Stroud but the owner wanted Bryce Young.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 27, 2023, 03:49:32 PMHe reminds me of Dan Snyder.   From what I have heard, Reich wanted to draft CJ Stroud but the owner wanted Bryce Young.

Which is insanity. You go against your football people, make the move you want, it doesn't work out, go on a profanity laced tirade and fire everyone.

Tepper makes Bidwell look like an Angel.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on November 27, 2023, 03:54:09 PMWhich is insanity. You go against your football people, make the move you want, it doesn't work out, go on a profanity laced tirade and fire everyone.

Tepper makes Bidwell look like an Angel.

Are there reports of Tepper treating people in an abusive manner? Big difference between firing people too quickly and openly abusing and harassing them, including in an allegedly "racially motivated" manner (according to one of the Bidwell accusers).

BTW I would note that many Giants fans have been wanting to fire Daboll for weeks now, despite him winning coach of the year last year. Reich didn't win coach of the year for the Panthers (or anyone) last year. I think you could very reasonable that all fans who want Daboll fired for this Giants' season are being much more knee-jerk than Tepper is, given Daboll has at least done some good here.

spiderblue43

Tepper is a wahoo owner making terrible decisions. His Panthers are a complete joke. Who would want to take that job with real potential with that buffoon.

Yeah... someone will..of course..but great candidates will be tepid with Tepper.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: spiderblue43 on November 27, 2023, 10:37:14 PMTepper is a wahoo owner making terrible decisions. His Panthers are a complete joke. Who would want to take that job with real potential with that buffoon.

Yeah... someone will..of course..but great candidates will be tepid with Tepper.

I don't disagree, but I'm not sure we're in a position to be highly critical of any other organization right now. We've been a complete and utter laughingstock clown-show for a decade now and have fired multiple coaches and GMs as well. Tepper, while clearly guilty of doing an objectively terrible job so far, is still relatively new to this and might improve. Our guy seems pretty set in his ways.

spiderblue43

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 27, 2023, 10:53:11 PMI don't disagree, but I'm not sure we're in a position to be highly critical of any other organization right now. We've been a complete and utter laughingstock clown-show for a decade now and have fired multiple coaches and GMs as well. Tepper, while clearly guilty of doing an objectively terrible job so far, is still relatively new to this and might improve. Our guy seems pretty set in his ways.

Dave,

Tepper is simply an awful example of bad ownership. However, I've always derided the Maras stewardship too. He isn't as obvious as Tepper but a lousy owner also (stadium included). :yes:

Brooklyn Dave

If Kafka is let go, would you consider hiring Reich as our OC ?

spiderblue43

For Tepper to top himself now would be a challenge, but I have faith in his resolve. Not that I take this rumor seriously..

.but the Crazy Cats may be interested in hiring Greg Olsen..someone with zero coaching experience. Perhaps it's Olsen instead worried about being second fiddle to Brady next year on Fox. Hmmm

In any way..that would be the Cats Me-Wow! <:-P