News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PFF related question on Deonte Banks

Started by DaveBrown74, November 27, 2023, 06:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

I see that Banks has a 48.5 PFF grade for the season. That seems way low to me. Can anyone with an account explain that breakdown?

Please, can we spare the "PFF is a joke" and "the PFF graders don't know what they're doing" posts for this thread. I know many people think that, and they may or may not be right. That is not the point of the thread. All I'm curious about is how this player's breakdown gets him to that total grade. Where are they saying his game has been bad? A sub-50 grade seems incredibly low for what he has done on the field.

madbadger

The only thing I can figure is that certain mistakes get weighed more against a players score than others, but other than that I've got nothing.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on November 27, 2023, 07:22:18 PMThe only thing I can figure is that certain mistakes get weighed more against a players score than others, but other than that I've got nothing.

Could be.

They also have a component for run D. I don't think of a man cover-corner type as having major responsibilities in stopping the run, although that's not to say they have zero. Maybe that's part of it. No idea. Just an oddly low grade. I would have thought he'd be at least in the high 60s, if not better than that.

GeauxJints

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 27, 2023, 06:58:42 PMI see that Banks has a 48.5 PFF grade for the season. That seems way low to me. Can anyone with an account explain that breakdown?

Please, can we spare the "PFF is a joke" and "the PFF graders don't know what they're doing" posts for this thread. I know many people think that, and they may or may not be right. That is not the point of the thread. All I'm curious about is how this player's breakdown gets him to that total grade. Where are they saying his game has been bad? A sub-50 grade seems incredibly low for what he has done on the field.
To put it into perspective, Neal is rated 9 points lower than Banks I believe. Neal may be the worst player in the league, so no clue how they got there with Banks. I tend to ignore pff grades. Used to try to find a gambling edge with them, but they seem useless.

coggs

Thing to remember with PFF, is each play is graded and weighted equally.  So having an interception does not automatically grant you a good grade for a game.  Not uncommon for a guy to make a big play or 2, but then have 7 or 8 awful plays in a game.