News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Watching Other teams -- Devito Sucks and the Giants are a snoozefest

Started by Fletch, November 28, 2023, 09:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

Watching MNF just for 1/2 the game and Sunday Eagles / Bills games; this is still Joe Judge/ Garret 2.0.

DEvito still sucks and lacks that talent that it takes to be a real NFL QB. A few good throws not withstanding. And he just plays not to make mistakes and not to lead on offense down the field. NOt sure if this is Daboll in general ; since why re-sign Jones then since he is just a little better than DEvito in that regard; or what the hell this is , but Giants are not even close to competing with these QBs

GeauxJints

Kind of agree but the kid did throw 2 tds vs Dallas and 3 TDs vs a professional NFL defense in Washington. Cut him some slack. He's only practiced with the 1's for a few weeks now

EDjohnst1981

Yeah, the Giants are awful.

This is neither news or worthy of its own topic.

We get it. We watch it. We know.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Fletch on November 28, 2023, 09:53:10 AMWatching MNF just for 1/2 the game and Sunday Eagles / Bills games; this is still Joe Judge/ Garret 2.0.

DEvito still sucks and lacks that talent that it takes to be a real NFL QB. A few good throws not withstanding. And he just plays not to make mistakes and not to lead on offense down the field. NOt sure if this is Daboll in general ; since why re-sign Jones then since he is just a little better than DEvito in that regard; or what the hell this is , but Giants are not even close to competing with these QBs
Devito can't be all that bad I mean he's outplayed Levis the past two weeks. So does that mean Levis also sucks or is it just happenstance that an undrafted rookie is playing better than a guy(Levis) you got mad at the Giants for not taking in the 1st round?

Just confusing for you to make multiple threads about will levis on a Giants board and how great he is while making a thread about how horrible devito is yet Devito has outplayed him the past two weeks.

Just a thought

Fletch

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 28, 2023, 12:46:32 PMDevito can't be all that bad I mean he's outplayed Levis the past two weeks. So does that mean Levis also sucks or is it just happenstance that an undrafted rookie is playing better than a guy(Levis) you got mad at the Giants for not taking in the 1st round?

Just confusing for you to make multiple threads about will levis on a Giants board and how great he is while making a thread about how horrible devito is yet Devito has outplayed him the past two weeks.

Just a thought

These are Daniel Jones arguments 2.0. Daniel Jones "outplayed Aaron Rodgers" . "Daniel Jones outplayed  Lamar Jackson".

THey don't "outplay " anybody and the sun shines even on a dog's ass once in awhile. All I know is talent at least when I see it. And Daniel Jones and Devito do not have enough of it. Either that of they are being coached to play like that. Either way, I do not care what stats say, I do not care what experts say, I watched Juston Fields last night and I tried doing my things I do while watching a boring Giants game; like reading or playing guitar or something else during yesterday's MNF -- I could not do it. Forget about trying that with Josh Allen or Hurts . THey are aggressive ; they are leaders; they are trying to make something happen. They bring an excitement toward the game that makes it easy to watch and stay engaged in a game.. Devito and Jones are the opposite of that. And Levis is more the in the other category as well even though it is still early. 

You're really going to tell me having Levis right now would not be the best thing to happen to this team since Phil Simms?

BluesCruz

Quote from: Fletch on November 28, 2023, 09:53:10 AMWatching MNF just for 1/2 the game and Sunday Eagles / Bills games; this is still Joe Judge/ Garret 2.0.

Watching MNF convinced you DeVito sucks???  Care to elaborate a bit on that one

The guy is 2 for 3 (loss to Dallas) and has the whole offense pushing hard for him
I believe his 6 TDs in his 1st 3 games is an NFL all time record.

He has a release that is 2-3X Jones and can place the ball on the receivers fingertips
He's smart and does not birddog his targets
#1 is he does not make mistakes- thats critical in the NFL

If you read the backstory about his time in Syracuse and Illinois you can see he has balls and can overcome adversity

So yeah he surely sucks.....what was I thinking?
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Jclayton92

Quote from: Fletch on November 28, 2023, 12:54:09 PMThese are Daniel Jones arguments 2.0. Daniel Jones "outplayed Aaron Rodgers" . "Daniel Jones outplayed  Lamar Jackson".

THey don't "outplay " anybody and the sun shines even on a dog's ass once in awhile. All I know is talent at least when I see it. And Daniel Jones and Devito do not have enough of it. Either that of they are being coached to play like that. Either way, I do not care what stats say, I do not care what experts say, I watched Juston Fields last night and I tried doing my things I do while watching a boring Giants game; like reading or playing guitar or something else during yesterday's MNF -- I could not do it. Forget about trying that with Josh Allen or Hurts . THey are aggressive ; they are leaders; they are trying to make something happen. They bring an excitement toward the game that makes it easy to watch and stay engaged in a game.. Devito and Jones are the opposite of that. And Levis is more the in the other category as well even though it is still early. 

You're really going to tell me having Levis right now would not be the best thing to happen to this team since Phil Simms?
I'm likely the most anti Jones guy on the board and no one's arguing with you. I presented a fact, Devito has outplayed Levis the past 2 games period.

Maybe if you said CJ Stroud then we could have a conversation but Levis isn't blowing anyone away with his gameplay. The last 3 games Levis has thrown under 200 yards in all 3 with a total of 2 Tds, and 1 int. If we wanted those numbers moving forward we'd just stick with Jones, it's basically his career stat line. So no, Levis would just be more of the same of what we already have.

Fletch

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 28, 2023, 02:18:09 PMI'm likely the most anti Jones guy on the board and no one's arguing with you. I presented a fact, Devito has outplayed Levis the past 2 games period.

Maybe if you said CJ Stroud then we could have a conversation but Levis isn't blowing anyone away with his gameplay. The last 3 games Levis has thrown under 200 yards in all 3 with a total of 2 Tds, and 1 int. If we wanted those numbers moving forward we'd just stick with Jones, it's basically his career stat line. So no, Levis would just be more of the same of what we already have.

Why did he outplay him because his defense gave him 6 Turnovers and spotted the ball on the Washington's 35 yeard line a half dozen times?

Daniel Jones has been playing 5 years in the NFL. Will Levis has played 5 games!

Will Levis threw 4 real TDs in a game, starting on his side of the field not like what Devito did.

Bottom line, we're not picking a top prospect. Who would you rather have Levis, Jones, or Devito?

You are not allowed to pick CJ Stroud or say none of the above because Giants were not in a position to pick any one like that nor will they be.

Saying Jones is the same is BS too. Jones is hurt like 1/2 the time ; he can't pass; and he  is like 90 mil guaranteed or whatever ridiculous xxxx he pulled with Mara (or even Shoen which is actually even worse).

Giant Obsession

Perhaps the thread heading could have used a little kinder language.

I'm not a prude but at any time we have a lot of "guests" visiting our website and I would like to think we cater and also are trying to attract a clientele that is a cut above other websites.

Just a suggestion.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

JT39

I am confused.

Is this a Devito thread?
A Will Levis thread?
A Daniel Jones thread?
Or a thread without a point?

BluesCruz

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Jclayton92

Quote from: Fletch on November 28, 2023, 02:30:15 PMWhy did he outplay him because his defense gave him 6 Turnovers and spotted the ball on the Washington's 35 yeard line a half dozen times?

Daniel Jones has been playing 5 years in the NFL. Will Levis has played 5 games!

Will Levis threw 4 real TDs in a game, starting on his side of the field not like what Devito did.

Bottom line, we're not picking a top prospect. Who would you rather have Levis, Jones, or Devito?

You are not allowed to pick CJ Stroud or say none of the above because Giants were not in a position to pick any one like that nor will they be.

Saying Jones is the same is BS too. Jones is hurt like 1/2 the time ; he can't pass; and he  is like 90 mil guaranteed or whatever ridiculous xxxx he pulled with Mara (or even Shoen which is actually even worse).

For the money wouldn't the answer be Devito... he's making absolutely nothing and if he doesn't pan out so what. The problem is that Devito has been playing better for a fraction of the cost of Levis. Devito is making a 1/5th of of what Levis is for the same results and better numbers. Logically the answer would be Devito because you can walk away at anytime assuming you find your guy. Because Jones, Devito, and Levis are not elite guys... they are just warm bodies waiting for the elite guys.

LennG

Quote from: Fletch on November 28, 2023, 12:54:09 PMThese are Daniel Jones arguments 2.0. Daniel Jones "outplayed Aaron Rodgers" . "Daniel Jones outplayed  Lamar Jackson".

There aren't many QBs in the NFL right now who can compare to Hurts, Allen or Mahones. All the rest are looking up at those. Gish, I think when Eli was QBing the Giants we couldn't put him in that category either. He was so far from aggressive, more like a "Gee-Whiz".
Anyway, we all know Jones isn't the future, but we are stuck with him for another year, like it or not. How we move forward is anyone's guess, but drafting a QB next year only assures us of several more years of frustration as he learns his craft, and who knows where he will end up as far as QBs go. We could get another Daniel Jones or another CJ Stroud.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Fletch

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 28, 2023, 04:01:24 PMFor the money wouldn't the answer be Devito... he's making absolutely nothing and if he doesn't pan out so what. The problem is that Devito has been playing better for a fraction of the cost of Levis. Devito is making a 1/5th of of what Levis is for the same results and better numbers. Logically the answer would be Devito because you can walk away at anytime assuming you find your guy. Because Jones, Devito, and Levis are not elite guys... they are just warm bodies waiting for the elite guys.

It is not a pound for pound analysis; and Levis is not over paid while Daniel jones clearly is. And that is just a cop out for you saying: none of the above /I want an elite prospect. When were the Giants ever in a position to draft one?  You keep saying that about Levis blandness but, you are simply wrong.

The fact is you do not have any idea how Levis will turn out. He has elite traits with definite warts in his game. Then again you could have said that about Josh Allen after his 5 games in the NFL as well or even Herbert for that matter. Not saying Levis will be that good, but it is way more possible than Daniel jones or Tommy Devito; which the possibilities of that in 0 to none.

You have to pick one, and you know it is Levis.