News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Guess Where Joe Schoen Will Be Tonight?

Started by Ed Vette, December 01, 2023, 10:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

If not he sure as $hit should be.

Huge Pac-12 Championship Game. It's Nix vs Penix with Daniels and McCarthy in the mix for who might be available when the Giants pick and the Heisman at stake. 

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/pac-12-championship-preview-washington-oregon-meet-again-teams-bid-farewell-cfp-berth-line.amp
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

I really have liked what I have seen from Penix, but had no idea he had two ACL tears in the same knee.  As bad as that is, he also has had dislocated joints in both shoulders.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/michael-penix-jr-injury-history-washington-qb/53294f30524200aa707f2876#:~:text=%E2%80%94%202018%3A%20Penix%20appeared%20in%20three,State%20when%20he%20went%20down.

The guy seems talented, but that is a long injury history that's hard to overlook.

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 01, 2023, 11:23:40 AMI really have liked what I have seen from Penix, but had no idea he had two ACL tears in the same knee.  As bad as that is, he also has had dislocated joints in both shoulders.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/michael-penix-jr-injury-history-washington-qb/53294f30524200aa707f2876#:~:text=%E2%80%94%202018%3A%20Penix%20appeared%20in%20three,State%20when%20he%20went%20down.

The guy seems talented, but that is a long injury history that's hard to overlook.
That's why I think he drops to the second round.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

madbadger

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 01, 2023, 11:26:45 AMThat's why I think he drops to the second round.

That and a lack of arm strength. He has a violent arm motion to generate the sort of velocity the top prospects do almost effortlessly. I think he's a good player but I question if he's the guy for us.

Ed Vette

Quote from: madbadger on December 01, 2023, 11:36:37 AMThat and a lack of arm strength. He has a violent arm motion to generate the sort of velocity the top prospects do almost effortlessly. I think he's a good player but I question if he's the guy for us.
After Jones' injuries, I can't see Schoen getting a Mara blessing.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

brownelvis54

I honestly would be very pissed off if if we took Penix in round one or round two. Give me the Michigan quarterback, give me the LSU quarterback, give me the Texas quarterback, give me the Oregon quarterback I definitely do not want Penix. He's been banged up so many times he's a true pocket passer he cannot run whatsoever. He reminds me of a Peyton Manning, as far as run speed. He needs to go somewhere where they have one of the top three offensive lines in the NFL. There's no way I can see him lasting a whole season. We have so many players on our team that slid to the second round and we thought they were steals look at our edge rusher it wasn't long before the draft he was going to be a top might even say a top 10 and we got him in the second round and he's always injured . if no injuries whatsoever I could easily see him being a top five pick but considering his injury history and remember he's getting hit by college players with college bodies when you get to the NFL it's a whole Nother level
The KING is in the building

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rosehill Jimmy

Guys.  I know the focus and eyes will be on the QBs tonight, but there are quite a few good football players on display tonight.  And they play positions that we've all spent time opining on.  E.G., Washington has at least 2 receivers that are on most mocks (Odunze & Polk), edge Trice and Fautanu on the OL (projects as OG).  Oregon WR Franklin has gotten some love and Dorlus and Burch are some of the defensive prospects

Sit back and enjoy.  Might be a future NYG on the field

Reset: not sure Polk is draft eligible
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

DaveBrown74

Nix looks like early Auburn Nix tonight in a huge spot.

Hard pass.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 01, 2023, 09:24:45 PMNix looks like early Auburn Nix tonight in a huge spot.

Hard pass.
Jeff, seriously? A snapshot?
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 01, 2023, 10:54:47 PMJeff, seriously? A snapshot?

Nix is terribly overrated and ripped up by the Oregon offense.

madbadger

Quote from: Stringer Bell on December 01, 2023, 11:29:02 PMNix is terribly overrated and ripped up by the Oregon offense.

Overrated? Dude has 40 passing touchdowns versus 3 interceptions. He may never be a star but statistically he's having a top 5 season of a college quarterback all time. I think his play on the field has earned him all the praise he's gotten.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Stringer Bell on December 01, 2023, 11:29:02 PMNix is terribly overrated and ripped up by the Oregon offense.
His Defense lost the game. Can't cover can't tackle. Not to take anything away from Penix who had a great game.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Quote from: madbadger on December 01, 2023, 11:44:09 PMOverrated? Dude has 40 passing touchdowns versus 3 interceptions. He may never be a star but statistically he's having a top 5 season of a college quarterback all time. I think his play on the field has earned him all the praise he's gotten.

Top 5 all-time?  Not sure if Ibwould go that high.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/leaders/pass-rating-player-season.html

andrew_nyGiants

IMHO McCarthy is a pedestrian QB at best in the NFL. A HUGE RISK taken in the first few rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!