News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

If we miss out on Harrison JR is MALIK NABERS a good choice?

Started by brownelvis54, December 01, 2023, 04:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Again, haven't watched much LSU at all this season. Watch I have been hearing about Malik Nabers, seems like he will be a top 7 pick, some have said he is better than Harrison Jr. Anybody watch LSU?

Also, since it looks like LSU has two WRs that will go in the 1st and the other late 1st early 2nd, does this tarnish Jayden Daniels hype in the upcoming draft?

The KING is in the building

Doc16LT56

Yes, Nabers is a great consolation prize if they can't get a QB but who's throwing him the ball? Does he become another shiny hood ornament?

No, it doesn't diminish Daniels any more than Joe Burrow was diminished by throwing to JaMarr Chase and Justin Jefferson.

Philosophers

Keon Coleman is bigger and way more physical especially at the point of catching the ball.  Believe he will be #2 drafted WR.  Nabers is probably #3.  I would not take him with the 8th or so pick but yes at 18 or 20

katkavage

Harrison will be the first or second choice. No chance to get him.

brownelvis54

Doc good point on whos throwing him the ball. Is it safe to say your ok with BPA on defense and as for offense, O-line or QB?
The KING is in the building

Doc16LT56

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 01, 2023, 05:46:29 PMDoc good point on whos throwing him the ball. Is it safe to say your ok with BPA on defense and as for offense, O-line or QB?
Elvis, I could spend a couple hours at the pub talking your ear off on my draft thoughts. To keep it short, I haven't ruled anything out at this point. Still haven't given up hope on a QB (Daniels?). Bottom line for me is they absolutely need an All Pro talent with the pick, and if Nabers is the BPA then I'm not sure we can just dismiss that. This team is lacking in game changing talent.

Philosophers

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on December 01, 2023, 06:07:42 PMElvis, I could spend a couple hours at the pub talking your ear off on my draft thoughts. To keep it short, I haven't ruled anything out at this point. Still haven't given up hope on a QB (Daniels?). Bottom line for me is they absolutely need an All Pro talent with the pick, and if Nabers is the BPA then I'm not sure we can just dismiss that. This team is lacking in game changing talent.

Could not agree more.  We simply need talent everywhere.

Ed Vette

He's a slam dunk. We need two first round picks.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

I'm open to Nabers. What do I care if we pick him 6th or 20th? That's mock draft fantasy stuff. If he is a plus receiver ship him in.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 01, 2023, 10:33:51 PMI'm open to Nabers. What do I care if we pick him 6th or 20th? That's mock draft fantasy stuff. If he is a plus receiver ship him in.

Nabers at 6 would be a reach. Would much rather have Odunze at like 20.

Jclayton92

In my opinion you wait until the 2nd and find the guy that fell through the cracks. A Brian Thomas, Tre Harris to be the big bodied guy to pair with Hyatt and Wandale for the future.

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 01, 2023, 04:59:47 PMAgain, haven't watched much LSU at all this season. Watch I have been hearing about Malik Nabers, seems like he will be a top 7 pick, some have said he is better than Harrison Jr. Anybody watch LSU?

Also, since it looks like LSU has two WRs that will go in the 1st and the other late 1st early 2nd, does this tarnish Jayden Daniels hype in the upcoming draft?

IMO If Harrison is playing with Daniels instead of McCord, he runs away as the most productive WR in the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Philosophers

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on December 02, 2023, 10:11:56 AMIMO If Harrison is playing with Daniels instead of McCord, he runs away as the most productive WR in the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree with that conclusion.  What I love about Harrison is that he does so many little things well.  He takes the craft of playing WR seriously in terms of how well he employs fakes in his moves or how he makes a cut in a route.  I see the exactness with which he does things similar to Jerry Rice.  If his down and in is supposed to be at 15 yards, it is not at 14 yards or 16 yards, but right at 15 yards and he does that over and over again.

The only thing that got me disappointed in Harrison was in the Michigan game, he came across the field to catch a ball on a badly thrown ball.  He got intercepted by Michigan however, Harrison was close enough he could have dove and with his arm knocked the ball down or collided into the defender to make sure the defenseman did not intercept it.  Was he protecting his body?  Brain fart in not thinking to do it?  Not sure but it was clear in the camera angle he could have done it. 

B1GBLUE

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 01, 2023, 04:59:47 PMAgain, haven't watched much LSU at all this season. Watch I have been hearing about Malik Nabers, seems like he will be a top 7 pick, some have said he is better than Harrison Jr. Anybody watch LSU?

In watching JD highlights, you cant help but notice how good naybers is. he reminds me of deebo samuel in some ways, his YAC for example. he looks like a tough dude to bring down and has good hands. i'd be happy to have him .

B1GBLUE

also their deep threat, brian thomas jr looks pretty good too. big, fast, good hands. imagine we get daniels rd 1 and thomas round 2?