News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants drop to 7th in the draft order

Started by MightyGiants, December 04, 2023, 03:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

A lot of games left to play, and it will change, of course. I'm rooting for Seattle to lose, the Patriots and Commanders to win, the Cowboys to lose of course, etc. Helluva way to watch a season :poo:  :( 
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

With four wins we're already basically out of the running for picking in the top two. I think the odds are high the Bears move on from Fields, and we know the Pats are taking a QB. The Giants' odds of getting one of the big two are pretty close to zero at this point. I also think we aren't getting Harrison. Daniels may be obtainable although that's unclear. We're not the only team in the top 10 who may be interested in him (if the Giants even are). You have the Commanders, Titans, and possibly even the Jets in the mix in the same vicinity. Plus who knows what the Cards are doing. Going to be interesting.

coggs

Fear not, they will likely lose their last 5.  Wont be enough to get them into the top-2, but probably enough to get them to 4th or 5th.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: coggs on December 04, 2023, 08:17:54 PMFear not, they will likely lose their last 5.  Wont be enough to get them into the top-2, but probably enough to get them to 4th or 5th.

I could certainly see that too, although I worry that the Eagles will have nothing to play for in week 18 and will play complete scrubs, which means we'll win that game because we'll actually be trying. Them losing yesterday helps prevent that scenario though.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 04, 2023, 08:26:04 PMI could certainly see that too, although I worry that the Eagles will have nothing to play for in week 18 and will play complete scrubs, which means we'll win that game because we'll actually be trying. Them losing yesterday helps prevent that scenario though.

Eagles 3rd string can beat the Giants.  Nothing to worry about.

H-Town G-Fan

The Cardinals play Chicago, so possible the Giants pick up a spot there (provided Giants lose out, then they probably win SOS battle versus Cardinals or Chicago has at least 5 wins and could beat Atlanta in week 17). Same for Jets/Commanders--someone is picking up a win.

Bob In PA

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on December 04, 2023, 10:17:38 PMThe Cardinals play Chicago, so possible the Giants pick up a spot there (provided Giants lose out, then they probably win SOS battle versus Cardinals or Chicago has at least 5 wins and could beat Atlanta in week 17). Same for Jets/Commanders--someone is picking up a win.
H-T: Thanks for going through the schedule to find those games. I was too lazy do it.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on December 04, 2023, 09:55:06 PMEagles 3rd string can beat the Giants.  Nothing to worry about.

If things are setting up to where the Giants will benefit greatly by losing that game, and the game means literally zero to the Eagles, I think they'll have such bad players in that game that there will be no way we don't win.

katkavage

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 05, 2023, 07:49:48 AMIf things are setting up to where the Giants will benefit greatly by losing that game, and the game means literally zero to the Eagles, I think they'll have such bad players in that game that there will be no way we don't win.
That last game might mean a lot to the Eagles as it stands now.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: katkavage on December 05, 2023, 07:50:56 AMThat last game might mean a lot to the Eagles as it stands now.

Good chance of it. If Dallas beats them this weekend that will be big. San Fran may win out.

Giant Obsession

I personally do not give a damn where we pick in this crapshoot they call the NFL draft.

Get out there and lets get a good season ending evaluation on the players AND THE COACING STAFF we have here.

Where we draft should take care of itself.

Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

coggs

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 04, 2023, 08:26:04 PMI could certainly see that too, although I worry that the Eagles will have nothing to play for in week 18 and will play complete scrubs, which means we'll win that game because we'll actually be trying. Them losing yesterday helps prevent that scenario though.
Their scrubs can beat our starters.

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: Giant Obsession on December 05, 2023, 06:07:27 PMI personally do not give a damn where we pick in this crapshoot they call the NFL draft.

Get out there and lets get a good season ending evaluation on the players AND THE COACING STAFF we have here.

Where we draft should take care of itself.

Well said, I could not agree more. You are spot on . I remember several years ago when people were so upset that we beat I believe The Commanders late in the seaszon which prevented us from drafting Chase Young from Ohio State . We had to settle for Andrew Thomas instead.

DaveBrown74

If it is indeed a complete crapshoot, I guess the fact that more than 50% of the starting QBs in the league right now were taken in the top 10 overall out of more than 250 total draft picks (plus the whole undrafted population) is a sheer coincidence and randomly picking a QB in the 4th round gives you the same odds of him panning out as it does if you take one in the top 5 or 10 overall.