News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Good luck this Monday night

Started by Arodgers12, December 05, 2023, 10:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arodgers12

Here is to a great game with no injuries and bad officiating. The Giants always give us a hard time.

BluesCruz

Very neighborly of you.  Didnt you come here to wish the same the last time we played GB?

These 2 teams a very close in talent.  Should be a good game.
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Arodgers12 on December 05, 2023, 10:09:07 AMHere is to a great game with no injuries and bad officiating. The Giants always give us a hard time.

Wait, we're playing the Jets?!?!

But seriously, looks like you may have a good one in QB Love.  I thought he'd come good after Colin Cowherd kept panning him earlier in the season.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

BluesCruz

I just saw this post on your MB

"with a junior backup QB at the helm.

Their QB DeVito seems to have up and down games, but they have struggled to score consistently. Under pressure, a pick or two is guaranteed.

Get a lead and play aggressive D and we should have this in the bag.

28-17"

I am not arguing that you guys could beat us.

Our D is surging and "TouchdownTommyD" is a force to be reconned with, as is a resurgent Saquon.  Also Tommy is very careful with the ball, dont expect him to throw INTs.  He holds the ball and takes the sack rather than put the pigskin in the danger

I seriously doubt either team wins by 11

Should be a great game.

President Rick

pack held their own vs. KC and IMO the Giants have the uphill climb.  Go Giants.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

BluesCruz

Quote from: President Rick on December 05, 2023, 12:26:35 PMpack held their own vs. KC and IMO the Giants have the uphill climb.  Go Giants.

Packers losses came mostly early in the schedule.   Lately they have been on a tear.
I admittedly don't know much about them.  Plus we dont do well in national games.

This will be a real test.

kartanoman

When two "old school" NFL teams meet up with the history the Packers and Giants have, it adds a mystique to the matchup. The Packers, born in 1919, and the Giants in 1925, have a unique history as old as the NFL itself and share common ground with having had one of the legendary coaches of all time on their respective sidelines at points in the middle 20th century: Vincent Thomas Lombardi. The man known as one of the Seven Blocks of Granite from Fordham, Offensive Coordinator of the World Champion 1956 New York Football Giants and runner up 1958 Giants, the five-time championship head coach of the Green Bay Packers and, in his final act, as his body withered away due to terminal cancer, led the Washington Redskins to their first winning record in 14 years before succumbing to it. His impact to the game, and inspirational messages to his players, were so monumental that the NFL decided its championship trophy bear his name.

Lombardi's "A Football Life" documentary starts with his daughter Susan recalling the day her dad came home and declared they were all moving to Green Bay, Wisconsin. Susan recalled, "Green Bay, Wisconsin, where's that? It's not even on the map!" To which her dad proclaimed, "When I am done, IT will BE on the MAP!" Still gives me goosebumps as I type this.

Even though the Giants had a memorable comeback win over the Packers across the pond last year, I think back to the last time these two teams played in that blizzard in the Sardine Can and it just seemed the perfect picture postcard: two old school teams battling in the wintry elements with the ghosts of the past watching from overhead.

Welcome @Arodgers12  and all Packer backers.  :cheers: for an entertaining contest and one more for the old history books.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Bob In PA

IMO, the Pack is an up-and-coming team but I'm not it will begin this year. 

They need to climb over Minny for any playoff possibility, and no one will catch the Lions now.

I think the Giants' game against them will be close.  The Pack had a tough game last week and the Giants had a week off.

Bob

PS. Giants haven't played well after the bye in recent years. IMO lousy teams take a while to get back in gear.
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Arodgers12

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 05, 2023, 11:33:06 AMVery neighborly of you.  Didnt you come here to wish the same the last time we played GB?

These 2 teams a very close in talent.  Should be a good game.

I did. You guys remind me of us. Your a blue collar Hard working football team with lots of great history.

Arodgers12

Quote from: AZGiantFan on December 05, 2023, 11:35:40 AMWait, we're playing the Jets?!?!

But seriously, looks like you may have a good one in QB Love.  I thought he'd come good after Colin Cowherd kept panning him earlier in the season.

It's too early to say for sure but things are looking up.

Arodgers12

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 05, 2023, 11:49:27 AMI just saw this post on your MB

"with a junior backup QB at the helm.

Their QB DeVito seems to have up and down games, but they have struggled to score consistently. Under pressure, a pick or two is guaranteed.

Get a lead and play aggressive D and we should have this in the bag.

28-17"

I am not arguing that you guys could beat us.

Our D is surging and "TouchdownTommyD" is a force to be reconned with, as is a resurgent Saquon.  Also Tommy is very careful with the ball, dont expect him to throw INTs.  He holds the ball and takes the sack rather than put the pigskin in the danger

I seriously doubt either team wins by 11

Should be a great game.

I'm a little nervous for this game. I cannot lie.

Arodgers12

Quote from: President Rick on December 05, 2023, 12:26:35 PMpack held their own vs. KC and IMO the Giants have the uphill climb.  Go Giants.

We haven't fared the greatest vs the Giants.

Arodgers12

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 05, 2023, 12:46:07 PMPackers losses came mostly early in the schedule.   Lately they have been on a tear.
I admittedly don't know much about them.  Plus we dont do well in national games.

This will be a real test.

It will be a tough game for us too. You guys beat us last year in London.

Arodgers12

Quote from: kartanoman on December 05, 2023, 12:54:45 PMWhen two "old school" NFL teams meet up with the history the Packers and Giants have, it adds a mystique to the matchup. The Packers, born in 1919, and the Giants in 1925, have a unique history as old as the NFL itself and share common ground with having had one of the legendary coaches of all time on their respective sidelines at points in the middle 20th century: Vincent Thomas Lombardi. The man known as one of the Seven Blocks of Granite from Fordham, Offensive Coordinator of the World Champion 1956 New York Football Giants and runner up 1958 Giants, the five-time championship head coach of the Green Bay Packers and, in his final act, as his body withered away due to terminal cancer, led the Washington Redskins to their first winning record in 14 years before succumbing to it. His impact to the game, and inspirational messages to his players, were so monumental that the NFL decided its championship trophy bear his name.

Lombardi's "A Football Life" documentary starts with his daughter Susan recalling the day her dad came home and declared they were all moving to Green Bay, Wisconsin. Susan recalled, "Green Bay, Wisconsin, where's that? It's not even on the map!" To which her dad proclaimed, "When I am done, IT will BE on the MAP!" Still gives me goosebumps as I type this.

Even though the Giants had a memorable comeback win over the Packers across the pond last year, I think back to the last time these two teams played in that blizzard in the Sardine Can and it just seemed the perfect picture postcard: two old school teams battling in the wintry elements with the ghosts of the past watching from overhead.

Welcome @Arodgers12  and all Packer backers.  :cheers: for an entertaining contest and one more for the old history books.

Peace!

We have nothing but love for you guys.

Arodgers12

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 05, 2023, 01:01:26 PMIMO, the Pack is an up-and-coming team but I'm not it will begin this year. 

They need to climb over Minny for any playoff possibility, and no one will catch the Lions now.

I think it will be close.  The Pack had a tough game last week and the Giants had a week off.

Bob

PS. Giants haven't played well after the bye in recent years. IMO lousy teams take a while to get back in gear.

I hope it's a great game with no bad officiating or injuries.