News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT Jets name Zach Wilson their starter (again)

Started by MightyGiants, December 06, 2023, 02:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

The Jets soap opera continues.   I heard on the news yesterday that there were reports that Zach didn't want to play...

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1732454217435017250?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Rich, I heard the same thing that Wilson did not want to be the starter again.  When a team has super bowl aspirations (real ones not the ones last year's 1-16 team talks about in interviews at training camp) they need to have a solid backup. 

Kind of feel bad for Wilson in some ways.  If he really didn't want to be the starter again it shows that he even feels like he is letting the team down with poor play.  Think about how much it would take for the average NFL player to say "I don't want to be the starter".  These guys spend years busting their butts to get there and dream of being and NFL starter.  Dude is so broken that he doesn't even want to play at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WnG8LFqZ8A

DaveBrown74

He's making $8.7mm a year, fully guaranteed, regardless of his performance, which as we all know has been nothing short of putrid. It's hard to feel particularly sorry for anyone in that position. He is free to walk away from football anytime if he wants to. If he wants to continue to collect his huge, guaranteed paycheck, then he should be ready and eager to step in and play anytime he is asked. I can't feel badly for him for being asked to do his job even if he doesn't feel like it. Welcome to the life of most working Americans, except they make less than 1% of what he does (on average).

Ed Vette

It was an erroneous report from a bad resource. Rodgers and the HC had the kid's back.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

andrew_nyGiants

Imagine the drama if this kid gets hurt on Sunday. SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!