News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Evan Neal Article

Started by Ed Vette, December 07, 2023, 12:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – Evan Neal believes he was literally born to play tackle in the NFL.
"To be honest, in my opinion, as soon as I stepped out of the womb, I stepped out an offensive tackle," Neal said. "And that's how I feel."...

https://www.giants.com/news/notebook-evan-neal-rehabs-status-uncertain
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

I read that and wondered if he is not honestly seeing himself for what he is which is like the 97 rated OT in the NFL.  He said he makes good plays that others dont see.  Newsflash Evan.  So do other players.

AYM

I want him to be what we thought he could be, but he's speeding down the Ereck Flowers path. I hope a change of OL coach can help fix him.

GeauxJints

Pretty sure PFF grades off of every single play.

Stringer Bell

With his pedigree, draft status, entitled starting spot - coupled with his HORRIBLE play his entire career - he should be spending less time with reporters and more time working on his clumsy and tortoise-like footwork.

Giant Obsession

Me thinks he has finished speeding down that path and instead parked the bus at the Francis Peay Rest Stop for the remainder of this season.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

spiderblue43

Francis Peay..Obsession?

How about Rich Buzin..Al Simpson..John Hicks..Gordon King back when to name a few??  :surprise:  :confused:

Neal may be worse than Flowers.. :surrender:

BluesCruz

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 07, 2023, 12:55:41 PMEAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – Evan Neal believes he was literally born to play tackle in the NFL.
"To be honest, in my opinion, as soon as I stepped out of the womb, I stepped out an offensive tackle," Neal said. "And that's how I feel."...

https://www.giants.com/news/notebook-evan-neal-rehabs-status-uncertain

I thought he had a one word catch phrase- OLE!!
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

andrew_nyGiants

I'm still holding out hope for him with better coaching/accountability.

He was great with Sabans' staff. I'm having a hard time believing that Schoen missed that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on December 08, 2023, 11:29:50 AMI'm still holding out hope for him with better coaching/accountability.

He was great with Sabans' staff. I'm having a hard time believing that Schoen missed that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just from a team building perspective, you hope he becomes even just average so that they do not need to expend resources drafting/signing a replacement. I'm pulling for him.

Ed Vette

I still believe he can be a good RT. It's all mental.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

SlotCorner

He was a no brainer pick. I blame coaching. Of all the coaches I think that need to be shown the door, Johnson is the top of the list.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 08, 2023, 11:50:32 AMI still believe he can be a good RT. It's all mental.

Sorry, Ed, but it's most definitely not all mental - although I do think Neal is soft mentally.

But on top of that, he has terrible footwork and poor recognition and instincts.

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: Stringer Bell on December 08, 2023, 09:13:08 PMSorry, Ed, but it's most definitely not all mental - although I do think Neal is soft mentally.

But on top of that, he has terrible footwork and poor recognition and instincts.

UNless you are a professioinal psychologist diagnosing a football player by watching him really does not warrant a diagnosis  of ," being soft mentally " .

" Terrible footwork and " poor recognition " are fair criticisms. That said , why didn't professional scouts pick that up while watching in person at Alabama or going over hundreds of tapes of Alabama football ?

Didn't Daboll coach at Alabama and is supposedly a frfiend of Nick Saban ? I am sure he spoke to him about Neal before the Giants drafted him .

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on December 09, 2023, 10:48:46 AM" Terrible footwork and " poor recognition " are fair criticisms. That said , why didn't professional scouts pick that up while watching in person at Alabama or going over hundreds of tapes of Alabama football ?

The "why" doesn't matter to me in the least. All I care about is the "what". And with Neal, the "what" is moves like molasses, can't handle stunts, and easily gets himself out of position. Two years' worth of tape speaks for itself.