News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

You can have the Giants and 6.5 points against the Packers

Started by MightyGiants, December 09, 2023, 09:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Arodgers12

It's going to be close. I'd say 24-20 my Pack but it could go your way too.

DaveBrown74

Packers for me. Their 6-6 record belies how good they are or at least how well they're playing right now. All four of the Giants' wins are against crap teams, and by scant margins.

A rule of thumb for me when I'm making picks in NFL games is if I take an underdog getting only a single digit number of points (especially less than a touchdown), I need to genuinely think they have a very realistic chance of winning outright. I just don't feel that way about this game.

Gman329

The Packers are playing better than the 6-6 record would indicate and Jordon Love suddenly seems to "get it".....but I actually think the Giants will play a sprited game Monday night and keep it close, right around the number.  I'm putting the Packers on a 3 team tease, getting 3.5....or even a 4 team tease, getting 5.5.

GeauxJints

Jordan Love isn't good, I think our D will shock him. Will we be able to show up on offense? Lets go cutlets

President Rick

still no Dex???   I hope the other D guys show up again.  That's what has kept us in the games where we were close or won.  Pack looked good v.s. KC, although their luster has been tarnishing.  IMO Spags and their D have kept them in the hunt this season.  Mahomes has kelce and the run game plus his own unique skill sets with arm or legs; but they aren't scoring as many points.

This has broader implications.  It will convince some that a bona fide #1 WR with speed [Tyreek Hill] is the solution to winning in the nfl.  But in my opinion it is no magic formula.  You need a complete team.  Yet watch the WR's fly off the board early in april '24 all the same.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Torus34

I've been a Giant-watcher since the days of Mr. Charles Conerly. Way back then, the Giants were noted for their passing game. Playing Green Bay at Green Bay was something to dread. The Giant's ends had their hands turn to blocks of ice within minutes. Green Bay, meanwhile, churned out the yards on the ground. No-one bet the Giants to win against the Packers at Green Bay in those bygone days.

These Lombardy-less Packer days? Flip a coin no matter the home field.

Aside: One of the sayings attributed to Coach Vincent Lombardi was, "We don't play football. We wage football."

Go flag-free, Big Blue!