News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Build The Perfect QB

Started by Ed Vette, December 10, 2023, 09:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Football IQ-
Accuracy-
Mobility-
Arm Strength-
Toughness-
Competitiveness-

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Football IQ- Rodgers
Accuracy- Brady
Mobility- Vick
Arm Strength- Allen
Toughness- Eli
Competitiveness- Brady
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 10, 2023, 09:46:45 AMFootball IQ-
Accuracy-
Mobility-
Arm Strength-
Toughness-
Competitiveness-

I think you are missing an important category and that is awareness.  Looking downfield while being able to see peripherally what is happening around him with the pocket or looking at one WR while being able to see peripherally if another WR is open.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 10, 2023, 09:46:45 AMFootball IQ- Brady
Accuracy- Brees
Mobility- Vick
Arm Strength- Favre
Toughness- Big Ben
Competitiveness- Brady

T200

Football IQ- Peyton/Brady
Accuracy- Marino/Brees
Mobility- Vick
Arm Strength- Elway/Vick
Toughness- Eli
Competitiveness- Brady
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on December 10, 2023, 10:29:03 AMI think you are missing an important category and that is awareness.  Looking downfield while being able to see peripherally what is happening around him with the pocket or looking at one WR while being able to see peripherally if another WR is open.

I kind of housed that under football IQ. As I did the other cerebral parts of playing the position.

To me nobody tops Brady in this broad area. Montana is in the conversation but Brady is number one for me. And I can name plenty of others I've seen who are great at it.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 10, 2023, 06:14:27 PMI kind of housed that under football IQ. As I did the other cerebral parts of playing the position.

To me nobody tops Brady in this broad area. Montana is in the conversation but Brady is number one for me. And I can name plenty of others I've seen who are great at it.

Got it.  Was not sure.

There is one thing the youngsters on this board never got to see which was a thing of pure beauty it was Warren Moon's throwing mechanics.  I never saw another QB flick a wrist so effortlessly yet the ball would fly gorgeously spinning like a top with no wobble plus he could throw it far with that same wrist snap.

DragonSoul

Combine Eli in the Playoffs and Peyton in the regular season & that is all that is needed lol.

BluesCruz

Add Arm Talent
and Processing Speed

Having the right touch on the pass to the right guy is extremely important

Jets Zach Wilson is not the strongest guy but he was on target with some very catchable balls yesterday.  He was showing a great Tommy D imitation
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

T200

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 11, 2023, 08:16:20 AMAdd Arm Talent
and Processing Speed

Having the right touch on the pass to the right guy is extremely important

Jets Zach Wilson is not the strongest guy but he was on target with some very catchable balls yesterday.  He was showing a great Tommy D imitation
Arm Talent >>> Accuracy and Arm Strength
Processing Speed >>> Football IQ

BluesCruz

Quote from: T200 on December 11, 2023, 08:25:41 AMArm Talent >>> Accuracy and Arm Strength
Processing Speed >>> Football IQ

Not sure I agree
You can be QB smart but not process at game speed

Arm talent as defined by the blue banter guys is can you make all the throws especially the hole shots ......I agree

DannyDimes hasnt thrown a Dime in in 4 yrs.  Tommy does one per Qtr

Ed Vette

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 11, 2023, 09:10:31 AMNot sure I agree

Arm talent as defined by the blue banter guys is can you make all the throws especially the hole shots ......I agree

🙄
It's not about what tangibles and intangibles make up a QB, the exercise is to create the best QB by using the classifications provided.

It's also a test to diagnose people who can't FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.  :knockONwood:
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 11, 2023, 09:10:31 AMNot sure I agree

Aren't arm strength and accuracy *necessary* to make all the throws, especially the hole shots?

I don't think the idea was to list every detail of being a QB. There were five characteristics listed. Not a hard exercise.

BluesCruz

Quote from: T200 on December 11, 2023, 09:37:00 AMAren't arm strength and accuracy *necessary* to make all the throws, especially the hole shots?

I don't think the idea was to list every detail of being a QB. There were five characteristics listed. Not a hard exercise.

Ok I will humbly go to the back of the line and try that
Ed

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin