News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The next 5 games

Started by andrew_nyGiants, December 10, 2023, 09:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

What do you want to see from our Giants?

A) finish 5-12 with a top 5 pick
B) finish 7-10 with a top 15 pick but a significantly improved OL
C) finish 8-9, sneak into the playoffs with the OL and our Paisan showing real promise
D) share your own scenario

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kartanoman

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 10, 2023, 10:00:55 AM9-8 playoffs

I completely agree; however, it would be difficult given the Giants would lag behind in a number of tie-breaking scenarios with other teams which have beaten them. The scenario does include Green Bay and New Orleans but would have to mean Seattle will need to fall below them.

The bottom line. If the Giants found their way to an unlikely Wild Card, then three NFC East teams would be going to the tournament.

We can wish.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Philosophers

If over the next 5 games against some pretty tough teams, the Giants found their QB of the future in DeVito, I would not care of they win, lose or tie.  If he lights it up, they go 9-8, miss the playoff, have a worse pick than losing all games but solve their QB dilemma, that would be a home run as focus on building team elsewhere.

DaveBrown74

I would like to see our young players show continued development. I don't think this team is going anywhere this year, so at this point I'm more focused on the 2-3 year outlook than the next 5 games.

Since I don't think our QB of the future is presently on the roster, my preference would be for the team to be in a position to find Daniel Jones' replacement in the draft, however I can't and won't and never have actually rooted against them during games.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 10, 2023, 11:39:27 AMI would like to see our young players show continued development. I don't think this team is going anywhere this year, so at this point I'm more focused on the 2-3 year outlook than the next 5 games.

Since I don't think our QB of the future is presently on the roster, my preference would be for the team to be in a position to find Daniel Jones' replacement in the draft, however I can't and won't and never have actually rooted against them during games.

Well said.  Love to see our rookies/2nd year players start to become productive players.  If we lose, we lose but see effort and playmaking from them.

katkavage

Would be nice to see the Giants beat an average to good team. Until they do, making the playoffs is pure fantasy talk.

Painter

Unless one is lusting after a very particular QB, WR, or OT in the 2024 Draft, there is not much point, and little to be gained in guessing where Our Heroes will end up picking from among the current plethora (dirty dozen) of 3,4,5 win teams through Week 17 even if we were to ignore the eventual S of S tiebreakers

As for moi, in the epic words of the late Samuel Goldwyn: "Include me out".

Cheers!

andrew_nyGiants

I'm happy with scenarios B or C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!