News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Packers game thread

Started by MightyGiants, December 11, 2023, 05:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmo11

Quote from: gregf on December 11, 2023, 11:26:00 PMThank you Tommy for making Giants football fun again!

This cannot be overstated.  They have been unwatchable for almost a decade.  Even if that kick goes wide left this team is fun now and it's all because this Tommy Devito character showed up and just played better than Daniel Jones.  Not great...not even good...just better than awful.  And that's all the team needed to win games.  This team is close.  They are a real QB away from being a contender.  But Devito is just good enough to prevent them from getting that real QB and to be honest... I don't even think I care anymore because of how much fun this is.

killarich

Tommy Danny franchise qb Devito baby !!!

Philosophers

The legend grows.

Italian American kid from NJ whose Mom is a great Italian cook.  What a story.

Soundwave401

Tank A Thon just updated annnnddddd... we fell to pick #9  <:-P

Ed Vette

He outplayed a first round QB with years under his belt. He's just completed another level. I can't wait to see what he can do with an oline and when they take the training wheels off.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

killarich

Quote from: Soundwave401 on December 11, 2023, 11:30:21 PMTank A Thon just updated annnnddddd... we fell to pick #9  <:-P

Can possibly still get O-line or receiver for our qb Devito

MagicRat

Quote from: gregf on December 11, 2023, 11:26:00 PMThank you Tommy for making Giants football fun again!
This.
We're not post season relevant, but I see my team playing hard and it's FUN.
We get too invested at times, but Jaysus that was a fun watch.
God love Tommy D and his family of Sopranos extras!!
Saquon, that man does not put his hand in his pocket in your company again for the rest of your lives.
Smell my cheese you mother!

EDjohnst1981

No turnovers for the 3rd straight game.

I don't think he was sacked tonight? That's pretty remarkable considering the state of the line.

Man, I wish we could have that Jets game back.

madbadger

Daboll is one hell of a coach. This season could easily spun out of control but he hasn't let it, and the job he's done with DeVito has been a work of art.

killarich

I mean hey if we can beat the Saints

And eagles keep free falling.... You never know

Giant Obsession

Jets and Bills games.

Should be 7 and 6
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

killarich

I hope Tyrod now knows why he was on the bench

Tommy just did what he failed to do vs the Bills

killarich

Quote from: Giant Obsession on December 11, 2023, 11:44:25 PMJets and Bills games.

Should be 7 and 6

Knowing what Tommy can do , kills me how they played the Jets game ... ugh

Giant Obsession

I blame our HC for both losses.

3 straight games....no turnovers.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Gmo11

Quote from: killarich on December 11, 2023, 11:45:57 PMKnowing what Tommy can do , kills me how they played the Jets game ... ugh

He wasn't prepared and neither were the coaches. They saw the same things we are seeing now: he's not good. But he's the best they got this season and the kid does just enough to win. So yes if he had started from week 1 they probably would be comfortably in playoff position... But there's no reasonable explanation for why other than Devito is just better than Jones and that's all Daboll needs.