News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Packers game thread

Started by MightyGiants, December 11, 2023, 05:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killarich

Quote from: Gmo11 on December 11, 2023, 11:51:58 PMHe wasn't prepared and neither were the coaches. They saw the same things we are seeing now: he's not good. But he's the best they got this season and the kid does just enough to win. So yes if he had started from week 1 they probably would be comfortably in playoff position... But there's no reasonable explanation for why other than Devito is just better than Jones and that's all Daboll needs.

I'm not saying you're wrong , but they REFUSED to throw the ball .... We were only up what 3 ?

The playcalling was absolutely insane that day

Woody

Good win ...good win for Tommy D.   His family is on Giants post game show. What a story got this guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spiderblue43

Tommy Cutlets got Barkley out of Giant infamy. It's like he was shot and collapsed. Tackled by the turf and coughs it up. Embarrassing 😳

Gmo11

Quote from: killarich on December 11, 2023, 11:54:33 PMI'm not saying you're wrong , but they REFUSED to throw the ball .... We were only up what 3 ?

The playcalling was absolutely insane that day

The defense was pitching a shutout. There was no reason to think the jets would or could do a damn thing. Let alone orhestrate a game winning drive. And even with that play calling the they got to 4th and 1 inside easy FG range...where either the conversion or chip shot FG wins the game.  So whatever they did to get to that point was good enough. Much like Devito it wasn't pretty and it may not have made much logical sense but it got them to the brink of an easy win. They just blew it after that.

Dumpster Dan

The only thing I will add or ask tonight

Did the Giants have any games this year where the opponent had ZERO sacks???

Dumpster Dan

killarich

Quote from: Gmo11 on December 11, 2023, 11:59:39 PMThe defense was pitching a shutout. There was no reason to think the jets would or could do a damn thing. Let alone orhestrate a game winning drive. And even with that play calling the they got to 4th and 1 inside easy FG range...where either the conversion or chip shot FG wins the game.  So whatever they did to get to that point was good enough. Much like Devito it wasn't pretty and it may not have made much logical sense but it got them to the brink of an easy win. They just blew it after that.

Ehhh I felt we asked way to much of the defense that day

Jets knew we weren't even trying to get a first down ..... they just needed literally ONE moment to win the game ....and they eventually got it

That game was given away

Woody

First prime time win since 2018

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Giant Obsession on December 11, 2023, 11:48:15 PMI blame our HC for both losses.

3 straight games....no turnovers.

What? The Giants had two turnovers (the first a fumble on a punt and then another by Saquon).

SlotCorner

Just got back, that was crazy.  Too many Packer fans, seemed like it was 50/50. Disgraceful. But on the way out, we were the ones chanting GO PACK GO! 

As you can imagine Tommy's a hit with the fans. After the Saquon fumble most of my row left, but I thought what the heck. What a last drive!  Too bad Wandale missed most of last year, his quickness is a weapon.

Torus34

Mr. Thomas DeVito and Co. delivered another fan-pleaser. The New Jersey Giants are looking like a mid-level team, and that's one heck of a way up the ladder from where they were.

Data and analytics can capture much of what goes on in the game, but analytics has no way to measure elan. That [elan] is what Mr. DeVito has managed to instill. And it showed last night.

Go flag-free, Big Blue!   

DaveBrown74

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on December 12, 2023, 12:22:12 AMWhat? The Giants had two turnovers (the first a fumble on a punt and then another by Saquon).

Agree this was unclear, but I am assuming he meant just the QB.

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 12, 2023, 06:44:01 AMAgree this was unclear, but I am assuming he meant just the QB.

Oh sure... But I think he fumbled twice and lost one in the Pats game.

TDToomer

Quote from: Woody on December 12, 2023, 12:21:30 AMFirst prime time win since 2018

This can't be true. Prior to yesterday Jones was 1-9 in primetime so there has to be a win somewhere beginning in 2019.

Edit: It was last season vs the Commanders!
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

Somewhere in all this I have to think JMS had a hand in opening up the middle for Tommy to escape and gain yards on the ground. I was concentrating mostly on Tommy in those situations. Anyone?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rosehill Jimmy

Be honest. As Randy Buttock lined up for the game winner did visions of last year in Nashville flash through your head?  I know it did for me, especially after his miss earlier
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"