News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

🤌🏻🤌🏻 - It’s Tommy Cutlets Mania!

Started by Slugsy-Narrows, December 12, 2023, 07:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slugsy-Narrows

I don't remember last time we had a game where the stadium seemed so alive!  I could feel it from the couch last night!!  We usually suck in big prime time games!

The players have bought in! 🤌🏻🤌🏻

We went from Dabs lost the team and tankarhon is on to 1 game out of the playoffs.

Seems to be an energy and resurgence within the organization.  The players are rallying around a home grown Italian from Jersey.

We are also seeing young draft picks step up.

Hyatt playing well.  Schmitz having a good rookie season.

Dale Robinson had a monster game last night!

Thibs 12 sacks and youngest Giant to ever get to 12 if I saw the stat line right.  I gave him some crap early this season and he has turned it up as the weeks have gone on.

Baker really developing at CB!

Young players stepping up in a season that looked lost.  They aren't giving up!  Dab's has this team believing even if the record it's positive.

I was starting to look toward the draft and figured our season over.

After last nights win couldn't sleep was so excited by the game, the intense ending and seeing that JS and his team are building something!  Will just take time.  It's only year 2 of JS rebuild in a year with a tough schedule and more injuries the you would hope for.

Enjoy the win Gentlemen and Gentlewomen (sorry didn't mean to exclude our lovely ladies)!  It was an exciting game and we have a week to relish it!

On to the Saints and game that is within reach if we play well.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39085976/does-tommy-devito-future-new-york-giants

https://www.giants.com/news/tommy-devito-stats-green-bay-packers-highlights-saquon-barkley-mnf-week-14

🤌🏻🤌🏻

kartanoman

Nice post! Electrifying indeed! A cult hero in the making.

This is how it should be. It doesn't always have to be Super Bowl or bust, but fun and exciting games where the kids come alive is almost as gratifying.

Safe to say we're on board with you, Slugs.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

DeVito's teammates believe.

"Whatever it is, whatever people like to call it, man, it's fun," said Isaiah Hodgins, recipient of an outstanding 8-yard touchdown throw from DeVito in the third quarter. "It's fun to be a part of. It's fun to watch. It's fun to be part of his team ... It's just amazing to be a part of, seeing his growth, seeing his composure for a free agent rookie. I'm sure if you asked him last year if he'd be in this spotlight he'd be like 'There's no chance.'"

https://www.bigblueview.com/2023/12/12/23997513/giants-packers-kudos-wet-willies-giants-riding-the-wave-of-devito-mania-winners-losers
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

What's interesting to me is how much fun they are having with Tommy compared to last season with a winning record and playoff bound. LY is was like they were waiting for the next shoe to drop. This year after the entire team was depressed, this emergence of new life, new attitude and confidence has the entire team on a high. It really looked like the Giants were going to have the game stolen from them last night. The Defense said, Hold My Beer, if we have Tommy, we have a chance. Then knowing if they lose this game he may not start next week, he goes out and does his job to set up a winning FG and it was like they won the Super Bowl on the sidelines. We haven't seen this level of enthusiasm after a win since the 2011 season.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Ed,

You mentioned the D.  They showed a graphic on the broadcast that the Giants have the youngest D in the NFL with average age of starters at 25.5.  We definitely have seen this group turn a corner.  It's not perfect, but with a young group and decent additions this could be a really solid defense.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 12, 2023, 09:07:00 AMEd,

You mentioned the D.  They showed a graphic on the broadcast that the Giants have the youngest D in the NFL with average age of starters at 25.5.  We definitely have seen this group turn a corner.  It's not perfect, but with a young group and decent additions this could be a really solid defense.
And that's without Leo. Credit Wink for adjusting his game and mixing in man and Zone coverage to enable some of these takeaways. He found a niche for Simmons and has them working with each other. Much less mistakes and broken coverages. That stop on the two point conversion was as epic as that turnaround Spags had the third game of his first season.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

President Rick

no sacks against us....Hodgins is a player...Won'Dale lit it up.  The D did it when it mattered.  Tommy [Danny - a sub above] DeVito played a great game.  No miscues.  Accurate.    We beat a good team.  Go Giants.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Philosophers

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on December 12, 2023, 07:18:11 AMI don't remember last time we had a game where the stadium seemed so alive!  I could feel it from the couch last night!!  We usually suck in big prime time games!

The players have bought in! 🤌🏻🤌🏻

We went from Dabs lost the team and tankarhon is on to 1 game out of the playoffs.

Seems to be an energy and resurgence within the organization.  The players are rallying around a home grown Italian from Jersey.

We are also seeing young draft picks step up.

Hyatt playing well.  Schmitz having a good rookie season.

Dale Robinson had a monster game last night!

Thibs 12 sacks and youngest Giant to ever get to 12 if I saw the stat line right.  I gave him some crap early this season and he has turned it up as the weeks have gone on.

Baker really developing at CB!

Young players stepping up in a season that looked lost.  They aren't giving up!  Dab's has this team believing even if the record it's positive.

I was starting to look toward the draft and figured our season over.

After last nights win couldn't sleep was so excited by the game, the intense ending and seeing that JS and his team are building something!  Will just take time.  It's only year 2 of JS rebuild in a year with a tough schedule and more injuries the you would hope for.

Enjoy the win Gentlemen and Gentlewomen (sorry didn't mean to exclude our lovely ladies)!  It was an exciting game and we have a week to relish it!

On to the Saints and game that is within reach if we play well.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39085976/does-tommy-devito-future-new-york-giants

https://www.giants.com/news/tommy-devito-stats-green-bay-packers-highlights-saquon-barkley-mnf-week-14

🤌🏻🤌🏻

Great post.  Let's enjoy the mania.  The team is buying into their HC and coaches and into their new QB.

All I know is I want to go to that DeVito tailgate at the stadium.  Talk about drooling with what they brought.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 12, 2023, 09:13:58 AMAnd that's without Leo. Credit Wink for adjusting his game and mixing in man and Zone coverage to enable some of these takeaways. He found a niche for Simmons and has them working with each other. Much less mistakes and broken coverages. That stop on the two point conversion was as epic as that turnaround Spags had the third game of his first season.
Ed: Top-notch observations. We're still a few players short of a squad that can do everything Wink wants to do. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

uconnjack8

General question: what is with the "cutlets"? 

It's not lost on me that Italians are proud of and known for their cuisine.   I just dont get why "cutlets" over something like Parmigian or lasagna....or any of dozens of other food words that are associated with Italians.