News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

🤌🏻🤌🏻 - It’s Tommy Cutlets Mania!

Started by Slugsy-Narrows, December 12, 2023, 07:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coggs

Yeah, this thread will age well.  Like the finest glass of milk you can find.

Jclayton92

Quote from: coggs on December 17, 2023, 10:04:23 PMhttps://x.com/darrenrovell/status/1736554085078200398?s=20
Wow that's really sad. He could have just shown up and appreciated the Love without charging anything but.. 20,000 for a couple hours.

EDjohnst1981

He knows this is short lived so needs to cash in.

However, 10k for a few hours work is plenty. Bad optics for TD.

coggs

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on December 18, 2023, 03:41:01 AMHe knows this is short lived so needs to cash in.

However, 10k for a few hours work is plenty. Bad optics for TD.
The bad optic is that he agreed to $10K and is now renegging.  But, also on the store for not getting a contract in writing.  But, every other promoter in the area knows about this and it will cost him more in the long-term. 

DaveBrown74

DeVito needs to fire this Stellato guy and get a real agent. Stellato has been all about promoting his own 15 minutes of fame rather than spending all his time trying to get DeVito better gigs. Making $10k for a sandwich shop is nice, but I feel like he could have gotten a deal done with Jersey Mike's (seems like an obvious fit) or other bigger brands. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but Stellato seems to be hogging the spotlight for such a small-time agent. It's fine if that's how he wants to play it, but I'd think about getting someone more serious if I were DeVito.

coggs

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 18, 2023, 07:31:28 AMDeVito needs to fire this Stellato guy and get a real agent. Stellato has been all about promoting his own 15 minutes of fame rather than spending all his time trying to get DeVito better gigs. Making $10k for a sandwich shop is nice, but I feel like he could have gotten a deal done with Jersey Mike's (seems like an obvious fit) or other bigger brands. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but Stellato seems to be hogging the spotlight for such a small-time agent. It's fine if that's how he wants to play it, but I'd think about getting someone more serious if I were DeVito.
He is not getting an ad campaign with Jersey Mike's.  He is not Eli.  This was a one-time appearance.  Something all of these guys do.  I have been in the business and NO WAY would I pay him $10K for an appearance.   Part of the money for the promoters is selling signed stuff of the player afterwards.  Within 2 weeks, all of that signed product will be worthless.  Now, if the store was doing this just to get people in and to show-off their place, that is one thing.  From what I understand, it is a new store to the town.  So, the autographs might be free and a write-off for the store.  Most of these are not.  My friend did this with his ice cream store.  Had Jessie Armstead in when he first started coaching.  He paid Armstead, charged $20 per autograph.  Didnt make much with the autographs, but said he did VERY well with ice cream sales that day, so it was worth it. 

DaveBrown74

Quote from: coggs on December 18, 2023, 08:35:04 AMHe is not getting an ad campaign with Jersey Mike's.  He is not Eli.  This was a one-time appearance.  Something all of these guys do.  I have been in the business and NO WAY would I pay him $10K for an appearance.  Part of the money for the promoters is selling signed stuff of the player afterwards.  Within 2 weeks, all of that signed product will be worthless.  Now, if the store was doing this just to get people in and to show-off their place, that is one thing.  From what I understand, it is a new store to the town.  So, the autographs might be free and a write-off for the store.  Most of these are not.  My friend did this with his ice cream store.  Had Jessie Armstead in when he first started coaching.  He paid Armstead, charged $20 per autograph.  Didnt make much with the autographs, but said he did VERY well with ice cream sales that day, so it was worth it. 

I guess part of the value also is just marketing your business to the general public and potentially generating future business (days/weeks/months/years after the player's appearance) that you might not have gotten otherwise. Hard to measure and attribute that, but I would imagine it's on business owners' minds when they do these types of deals. Not my area of professional expertise though so that is just a guess.

coggs

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 18, 2023, 09:04:37 AMI guess part of the value also is just marketing your business to the general public and potentially generating future business (days/weeks/months/years after the player's appearance) that you might not have gotten otherwise. Hard to measure and attribute that, but I would imagine it's on business owners' minds when they do these types of deals. Not my area of professional expertise though so that is just a guess.
Turns out, they were charging $50 an autograph.  So, at $10,000 they to see 200 tickets just to break even.  Not easy to do.

TDToomer

I like Cutlets but I wouldn't pay more than $5 for his autograph. He's just another guy to me. People are nuts. It the holidays. Donate $50.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

What he should do is put his agent in his place, call the business owner, apologize and do it for free. You don't go back on an agreement and this is a hit on him no matter how it went down.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin