News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Are the Chiefs in a decline?

Started by MightyGiants, December 11, 2023, 11:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralphpal1

I am.not sure if there are any super teams this year
But with the chiefs
Mahomes and reid and no super teams i can see them getting into the playoffs year after year
But maybe the chiefs do miss eric Biemiemy
Not for his play calling but maybe he was the bad cop to andy reid good cop
Its seem the players have been playing more sloppy since he left for washington

TDToomer

There are no super teams but the NFC has a clear edge. Any of the top 3 NFC teams (Eagles, CowBoys, Niners) would beat any AFC team in the SB. So the NFC Championship will be the game of the year.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

T200

Just finished watching a segment on ESPN regarding Toney and the penalty. They showed 3 or 4 more instances aside from the last one where Toney was lined up in the neutral zone. Not one warning or flag thrown. Nor does Toney ever check with the official to see if he's lined up. This isn't about Toney or whether it was a penalty or not. Lining up in the neutral zone is a penalty. No argument there.

Why is the officiating so inconsistent?
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

uconnjack8

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 11, 2023, 01:55:10 PMI think the Chiefs are contenders.  Yes their offense is having a down year.  But this is the best defense the Chiefs have had during the Mahomes era.  It's amazing that none of the WR group has been able to step up with Reid, Mahomes and Kelce doing everything they do.

The AFC in general has taken a bit if step backward and is more like a game of QB survivor:

Rodgers
Jones
-benched
Allen
Tua
Pickett - should be back this season
Burrow
Watson

Richardson
Stroud
Lawrence
Tannehill
Mahomes
Herbert
Garoppolo
Wilson

I think with Watson, the Browns might be the best team, but I dont see it without him. 

If Buffalo can get going and get in to the playoffs they are probably my pick to win the AFC.  If not, it will be the Ravens. If the Dolphins eventually beat a team with a winning record, they'll be on my list as well.
Herbert now out for the year.

I think Reid will be able to find a couple of WRs this offseason that can catch and line up onsides.

I see a couple of FAs from teams with bad QB situations that might come relatively cheap on a short deal.  A year with Mahomes could make the right guy a lot of money the next year.