News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT A Dallas prediction

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, December 12, 2023, 10:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

As I'm studying potential draft prospects for the Giants, I came across a name that gets precious little attention and nearly every board fails to even include his name in the top 300 or even 400

I was thinking this guy is a great "sleeper pick" (he actually has risen 294 spots in the last week on one board), but the more I researched, the more I realized the Giants would NEVER take a guy with this much baggage

Anyway, the guy's name is Shemar Turner, a 6'4, 290 lb DE for Texas A&M. He leads the team in every category including tackles, TFLs, QB hits, and sacks. He's a monster at DE who brings terror to the offense. Sounds like a perfect pickup to replace our loss of Leo. But hold on...he was ejected from the game with Ole Miss a while back when he took a cheap shot after the play (ok...crap happens, and he apologized). I can deal with that, just needs discipline from a strong coach like Wink. But then I looked deeper, and he's been arrested for reckless driving while going way over the speed limit...and (and this is a big "and") was found with a little less than 2 oz of pot AND "possession of an illegal substance ranging from four to 400 grams - the latter charge is a second-degree felony". In short: takes cheap shots at other players, speeds, has drug issues, and is bankrupt in character (at least it seems)

My first thought: Giants would never go for a person with that much baggage. My second thought: SOB, the Cowboys will draft this guy in the 7th round, typical of Jerry Jones, and he'll be a star and a mainstay like Micah Parsons (and a dozen players in the past with shady history)  ~X(
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Philosophers

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on December 12, 2023, 10:43:29 AMAs I'm studying potential draft prospects for the Giants, I came across a name that gets precious little attention and nearly every board fails to even include his name in the top 300 or even 400

I was thinking this guy is a great "sleeper pick" (he actually has risen 294 spots in the last week on one board), but the more I researched, the more I realized the Giants would NEVER take a guy with this much baggage

Anyway, the guy's name is Shemar Turner, a 6'4, 290 lb DE for Texas A&M. He leads the team in every category including tackles, TFLs, QB hits, and sacks. He's a monster at DE who brings terror to the offense. Sounds like a perfect pickup to replace our loss of Leo. But hold on...he was ejected from the game with Ole Miss a while back when he took a cheap shot after the play (ok...crap happens, and he apologized). I can deal with that, just needs discipline from a strong coach like Wink. But then I looked deeper, and he's been arrested for reckless driving while going way over the speed limit...and (and this is a big "and") was found with a little less than 2 oz of pot AND "possession of an illegal substance ranging from four to 400 grams - the latter charge is a second-degree felony". In short: takes cheap shots at other players, speeds, has drug issues, and is bankrupt in character (at least it seems)

My first thought: Giants would never go for a person with that much baggage. My second thought: SOB, the Cowboys will draft this guy in the 7th round, typical of Jerry Jones, and he'll be a star and a mainstay like Micah Parsons (and a dozen players in the past with shady history)  ~X(

Classic Cowboy.  Some guys like this listen to coaching.  Many do not.  Keep that in mind.  He may be doing well at A&M because of pure talent but in NFL getting better is what you makes you a star.

Bob In PA

Yeah, stop reminding me that Giants passed up a chance to get Penn State's Micah Parsons. lol
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!