News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFC Offensive player of the week

Started by MightyGiants, December 13, 2023, 09:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

SlotCorner

Unreal. He's still and UDFA rookie, but you can't deny the numbers and ratings from Monday night. I can't believe I'm becoming a believer.

If he gets a win in either game against Philly, he becomes an all time legend.

Arodgers12

Quote from: SlotCorner on December 13, 2023, 09:20:20 AMUnreal. He's still and UDFA rookie, but you can't deny the numbers and ratings from Monday night. I can't believe I'm becoming a believer.

You guys think you'll make the playoffs?

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Giant Jim

Quote from: Arodgers12 on December 13, 2023, 09:23:07 AMYou guys think you'll make the playoffs?
Hell Yeah, at least I do. Many here would rather lose to get a big named college QB tho.

Bob In PA

Rich: I'm proud of him but all the red underlining in your post is useful only to justify his selection this week.

It's not going to help him against the four remaining opponents, two of which are the Eagles.

The only chance he has to continue his "run" is if the OL continues to improve and gain confidence each week.

And I mean get better than last week each and every week.

As I see the remaining four games, each will be harder than the last, with the Eagles needing a coup de grace last game to hold or increase their playoff position. Yes, I think the Rams game will be more difficult than the first Eagles game, because the Rams are struggling to grab a playoff spot and the Eagles will know more about TD Tommy the second time around.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

kartanoman

Quote from: SlotCorner on December 13, 2023, 09:20:20 AMUnreal. He's still and UDFA rookie, but you can't deny the numbers and ratings from Monday night. I can't believe I'm becoming a believer.

Why do I feel I need to put on the first Rocky movie just to hear:

Tommy: I can't do it.

Mom: What?

Tommy: I can't beat 'em.

Mom: da 'Iggles?

Tommy: Yeah. I been out there walkin' around, thinkin'. I mean, who am I kiddin'? We ain't even in that team's league.

Mom: What are we gonna do?

Tommy: I don't know.

Mom: You worked so hard.

Tommy: Yeah, that don't matter. 'Cause I was nobody before.

Mom: Don't say that.

Tommy: Ah come on, ma, it's true. I was nobody. But that don't matter either, you know? 'Cause I was thinkin', it really don't matter if I lose that game. It really don't matter if their defense opens my head, either. 'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. No rookie's ever gone the distance against their defense, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that final gun goes off and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Mom: Ah, honey! Your chicken cutlets are gettin' cold ... MANGIA MANGIA!!!

Just like in my old neighborhood, my beloved next-door neighbors in Elizabeth, who are still there after all these years! The matriarch still knows how to make it home-made from the old country. Mangia mangia! The good old days come alive for me!

Congrats Tommy Chicken Cutlets!!!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Bob In PA

Quote from: kartanoman on December 13, 2023, 12:26:32 PMCongrats Tommy Chicken Cutlets!!!
k-man: I like all your posts, but IMO that one is on top of the pile.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

kartanoman

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 13, 2023, 12:30:37 PMk-man: I like all your posts, but IMO that one is on top of the pile.  Bob

Thanks Bob, I couldn't resist!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

BluesCruz

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 13, 2023, 12:06:54 PMRich: I'm proud of him but all the red underlining in your post is useful only to justify his selection this week.

It's not going to help him against the four remaining opponents, two of which are the Eagles.

The only chance he has to continue his "run" is if the OL continues to improve and gain confidence each week.

And I mean get better than last week each and every week.

As I see the remaining four games, each will be harder than the last, with the Eagles needing a coup de grace last game to hold or increase their playoff position. Yes, I think the Rams game will be more difficult than the first Eagles game, because the Rams are struggling to grab a playoff spot and the Eagles will know more about TD Tommy the second time around.

Bob

Curious Bob

What about monday nights oline performance did you not like against one of the best pass rushing D's in the NFL

We held them to zero sacks

rushed for over 200 yds

no turnovers

I will take that every week, leave the oline alone
please no Evan Neal

admittedly DeVito seemed to suddenly Fran Tarkenton pocket awareness, and movement

was that the line or Tommy or both.  to me that was a huge factor Monday

DeVito continues to amaze me
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

SlotCorner

Quote from: Arodgers12 on December 13, 2023, 09:23:07 AMYou guys think you'll make the playoffs?

I don't think so, no. To get into the playoffs, the Giants will have to win out and get help. With two games against Philly, not likely at all. I think estimates of their chances are less than 2% and that sounds right.

I'm just looking for a little fun to the end the season. Tommy Cutlets played better on Monday than any UDFA rookie has a right to, I was there and we had a great time. I suspect he'll come back to earth, but these tickets didn't cost me $0. It's nice to have fun at a game once in a while.