News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Most hated rivals

Started by Arodgers12, December 14, 2023, 12:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painter

Living as I do in Dallas, I can root for SMU and UT with pleasure, but not so for the Dallas Jerrahs and its fraudulent fans. If it wasn't for the visiting team's fans, Jerry World would be half empty on game days. Philly fans may be seen as obnoxious, but they are at least sincere.

In any case, as it's 28 years since the Cows last made it to a Super Bowl, we don't often hear them referred to as America's Team these days. Let's hope that nonsense is finally over.

Cheers!

Jolly Blue Giant

As a reverse answer to "who do you hate", I have a lot of respect for some teams...mainly those steeped in tradition...da Bears, Packers, and Steelers. And I tend to root for all NY teams when the Giants aren't involved. I live in "Bills country" and the fans (mostly redneck to the bone) are incredibly boisterous and happy...even when they lose. They are not obnoxious by any measure (polar opposite of the "City of Brotherly Love"..."love" my ass  >:( 2  ...LOL) and for some reason I have a heart for Miami (I'd never admit that to a Bills fan though). Probably because of Csonka (who worked construction during the building of Route 81 in my hometown during the summer break), and players Csonka (of course), "Mercury" Morris, Warfield, Griese, Marino, Coach Shula, etc. Childhood memories during a time of innocense in my life that were good and are hard to shake. I also have feelgood childhood memories of the Cowboys with Coach's Landry and Meredith...and Roger Staubach...but that was back when they had class and had yet to dub themselves, "America's Team" and became a team of obnoxious players and fans, and especially Jerruh  >:( 2 . Since then, I haven't been able to stomach them except for Jimmy Johnson, who was all class. Those days are looonnggg gone!

As a teen, I used to love throwing footballs back and forth with my buddy and I would try to emulate those who I admired from Roman Gabriel to Dan Pastorini (threw the ball like a baseball pitcher, complete with windup) to the ever so soft-throwing, pin-point accurate Kenny "the Snake" Stabler to the bullets fired by short-armed Bob Griesi to my favorite at the time, Warren Moon who back then, had all the throwing stlyes down

I general, I have no ill-feelings for the West Coast teams, I just don't care about them :-?? 
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Woody

eagles.  then Cowboys ...however Cowboys leap frog Eagles when Tony Romo is doing the game.
He is such a homer it's sickening....
" Well Jim, that's why they are a superbowl team "  says that about a hundred time during the broadcast.

I have to mute the game just to watch it.

SlotCorner

Eagles, then Dallas. How about outside the NFCE? We don't play them a ton, but I can't stand the Ravens. They beat us in 2000, their murderous MLB thinks he's better than LT, and the uniforms are ugly. So happy when we beat them last year.

Not a huge fan of the Raiders either. Of all the non-NFCE fanbases that come into MetLife, they're the worst. They seem unaware that the Raiders haven't won xxxx in forever. Lots of fights two years ago when we beat them.

I always root for the Steelers to lose.

Ed Vette

I don't hate Rivals, I respect them. These players are among the finest athletes on the planet.

It's the fan base that I will base my disgust or appreciation for. Pittsburgh and GB fans travel well. Philly and Dallas fans do not and they can be obnoxious and boorish. Some pick fights.

I root against the Eagles at all times living in North Jersey. Portions of South Jersey are Eagle fans. Another reason for a Dakota type split in this state. Two different universes.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

files58

I've been a die hard Giant fan since 1965(9 yrs old). There has not been one minute since then that I have not hated the Cowboys, and everything associated with their franchise cheerleaders notwithstanding. Their fans, uniforms, FO, soda vendors, and the players themselves, despite the humanity, just because they wear the uniform. Some to most of them I'm sure are decent people, not when they wear the uniform. America's Team my a$$. Every play especially when they play the iggles I want to see end up like an Addam's Family trainwreck. How about then Cowboy pom poms!!

DaveBrown74

Almost all Giants fans will respond Eagles, Cowboys, or both of those teams to this question.

For me it's unquestionably the Eagles. I have always found their fans to be classless (collectively, not every single individual obviously), and the team has been very unscrupulous at times with tanking and various other things.

They have also shown zero restraint or standards in some of the players they have brought in, like TO, Michael Vick (post his dog-killer conviction), etc.

The Cowboys I obviously dislike, but in their case it's more that they annoy the hell out of me. They're cocky and the owner is annoyinge. I don't find their fans quite as bad though.

andrew_nyGiants

Dallas and 2nd is not close for me.

I had a healthy jealousy for the Landry/Schram Cowboys so there was also a level of respect....but the Jerrah/JJ/Switzer et-al was sleezy from day 1 and they just dug deep under my skin and I have not mellowed on them since.

I dislike Eagle fans more than the franchise itself.

With the Cowboys you can include everyone from the FO/coaches/players/medical staff/trainers/ball boys/cheerleaders/towel boys/beat reporters/broadcasters/fans...their relatives....did I miss anyone?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

ozzie

DALLAS COWBOYS and it's not even close!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

TrueBlue1970

Quote from: Painter on December 14, 2023, 10:15:17 AMLiving as I do in Dallas, I can root for SMU and UT with pleasure, but not so for the Dallas Jerrahs and its fraudulent fans. If it wasn't for the visiting team's fans, Jerry World would be half empty on game days. Philly fans may be seen as obnoxious, but they are at least sincere.

In any case, as it's 28 years since the Cows last made it to a Super Bowl, we don't often hear them referred to as America's Team these days. Let's hope that nonsense is finally over.

Cheers

This is not true at all. I've been a season ticket holder for 10 years and you are way, way off. The stadium is always full of Cowboys fans. And I more than double my money on 4 tickets.

They will always be America's Team as a reported gave them the name many years ago.

kartanoman

Quote from: TrueBlue1970 on December 14, 2023, 01:52:27 PMThey will always be America's Team as a reported gave them the name many years ago.

Actually, it was Bob Ryan of NFL Films who created the 1978 Cowboys Season Highlight and handed John Facenda a line in the script that will forever live in infamy:

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Arodgers12

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 14, 2023, 09:08:09 AMso you were not conseeding the 7 points on your bet? LOL.
Someone online described Packers Fans as the most polite in the NFL.
I thought we would win actually.

miss86

For me, it's the Cowplops number 1  :boooo: . The Egirls Number 2.

DragonSoul

Quote from: Arodgers12 on December 14, 2023, 12:39:47 AMWhich teams do you guys hate the most?
Eagles then Cowboys (or who is overwhelmingly doing well or are acting like asses) and the skins took over the cards spot as the red headed stepchild lol.

Not a fan of the Seahawks, like the pats till all the cheating.