News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

You can have the Giants and 6 points against the Saints

Started by MightyGiants, December 15, 2023, 09:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Tough one. The Saints have some studs in their D, and now that there is ample tape on Cutlets it's conceivable to me that they could have a good gameplan for him.

That said, the Saints' offense is not good at all and it's not like their D is some juggernaut. The Superdome is known to be a tough venue, but I feel like that is something that is more a by-product of the Brees/Payton era than it is some permanent thing. it's still a road venue that gets noisy though.

The Giants were underestimated last week (or the Pack were over-estimated, or both), as they were 6 point dogs last week too and won outright. They had the home crowd in that game though, and the Pack were banged up.

I'm going to ride this magic ride we're on and predict a close, low scoring win for us in this game. I could see our D stepping up in this one.

Giants 17-13.

Ed Vette

I'll take the points. They may actually win this one.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

spiderblue43

Have to be wary of the Saints generating turnovers on D. They know now DeVito can make plays scrambling naturally.

Barkley has to move the chains or get them in makeable third downs.

If TD avoids mistakes early..settles in by halftime..Giants have a decent chance. Close one.

:greetings:

Torus34

I don't bet on sporting events 'cause I don't like to throw money away that I could use for something else, even if it's giving it to the grandkids.

I had a friend who was a punter. I watched him drive down one day to Atlantic City in his $90,000 Mercedes and come back in a $400,000 bus.

Regards, stay safe 'n well . . . 'n solvent.

uconnjack8

Both teams are better on defense than offense.  That makes me think this will be a close, lower scoring game.

Take the points.