News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants could be in 7th seed this weekend - playoffs!

Started by Leek21, December 15, 2023, 03:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leek21

Believe it or not Giants could be in a playoff spot this weekend.
Click here:https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

That is ESPNS playoff machine.
Set the following for week 15:
1) Giants over Saints
2) Commanders over Rams
3) Eagles over Seahawks
4) Panthers over Falcons (corrected)
5) Bucs over Packers

The rest of the games don't matter.  If the above 5 things happen Giants are in the 7th seed!

That's crazy!  But being realistic, even if the above happened Giants still face the Eagles twice and the Rams... tough road but they would control their own destiny.

Arodgers12

Quote from: Leek21 on December 15, 2023, 03:15:27 PMBelieve it or not Giants could be in a playoff spot this weekend.
Click here:https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

That is ESPNS playoff machine.
Set the following for week 15:
1) Giants over Saints
2) Commanders over Rams
3) Eagles over Seahawks
4) Falcons over Panthers
5) Bucs over Packers

The rest of the games don't matter.  If the above 5 things happen Giants are in the 7th seed!

That's crazy!  But being realistic, even if the above happened Giants still face the Eagles twice and the Rams... tough road but they would control their own destiny.

I have a feeling we're going to lose to the Bucs.

Dumpster Dan

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on December 15, 2023, 03:37:12 PMI'm not sure that is correct

Dumpster Dan

What is it you think isn't correct?  I believe this would result in all the losers with 6-8 records but we would be the only one with a winning conference record. I think that's the first tie-breaker when multiple teams are involved
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Dumpster Dan

Sorry  I should have been more specific--I think Leek has a typo   I think the Panthers would have to upset Atlanta to have his scenario work out

I get the point though   its amazing that the Giants are NOT mathematically eliminated yet--and damn well do have a chance--Huge game this weekend  but win Sunday and then they would need to win two out of three--a very very very tall order   UNLESS the Eagles play their scrubs last game of the year..  To take it further--If the Giants win vs the Saints and lose to the Rams  it is over--doesnt matter what happens in the last game

Remember Jimmy I had the same math training as you did   LOL!!!!

Why do you think I have a hard time talking about next years draft when this season isnt over yet??   

Dan

Leek21

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on December 15, 2023, 05:27:25 PMSorry  I should have been more specific--I think Leek has a typo   I think the Panthers would have to upset Atlanta to have his scenario work out

I get the point though   its amazing that the Giants are NOT mathematically eliminated yet--and damn well do have a chance--Huge game this weekend  but win Sunday and then they would need to win two out of three--a very very very tall order   UNLESS the Eagles play their scrubs last game of the year..  To take it further--If the Giants win vs the Saints and lose to the Rams  it is over--doesnt matter what happens in the last game

Why do you think I have a hard time talking about next years draft when this season isnt over yet??   

Dan

Thanks Dan, you are correct, I fixed it.

Arodgers12

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on December 15, 2023, 05:27:25 PMSorry  I should have been more specific--I think Leek has a typo   I think the Panthers would have to upset Atlanta to have his scenario work out

Dan

One thing about you guys is you never give up. You fight to the end.

Dumpster Dan

Arodgers12

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on December 15, 2023, 05:40:28 PMSome of us fight to the end

Dumpster Dan
You guys were 2-8 and could have given up. Here you are back in the race after winning 3 straight.

Rosehill Jimmy

Dan
:knockONwood:

My bad.  Had I read the original post more closely I would have noticed the error re: Falcons outcome. Clearly you had better training in reading comprehension than I did!
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

BluesCruz

Quote from: Arodgers12 on December 15, 2023, 05:42:50 PMYou guys were 2-8 and could have given up. Here you are back in the race after winning 3 straight.

We pretty much had conceeded at 2-8 before TommyD came along

Its largely on him.  We will live or die with DeVito

Tyrod Taylor is not going to lead us to any promised land.  Then again we passed on Geno Smith Tyrod's meme
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

coggs

I guess we can say this was a cute pretend moment.