News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Report- Rivera expected to be fired as HC of the Commanders at end of season

Started by MightyGiants, December 16, 2023, 10:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

President Rick

Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Arodgers12

DaveBrown74

Even though many feel the logical place for Belichick to land is the Chargers, given they already have a talented QB in place, I keep hearing Washington is the favorite to get him, for whatever reason/reasons.

Arodgers12

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 16, 2023, 11:22:05 AMEven though many feel the logical place for Belichick to land is the Chargers, given they already have a talented QB in place, I keep hearing Washington is the favorite to get him, for whatever reason/reasons.

I'm so happy New England is losing all the time lol.

uconnjack8

Pretty much thought this was sure to happen once ownership changed.

DaveBrown74

I bet Rivera gets another head coaching job. I could be wrong about that, but consider:

(1) He has a winning record over a large sample size despite working for two largely unsuccessful franchises

(2) He is well respected around the league

(3) He has been to a Super Bowl

(4) He is a two-time AP Coach of The Year winner.

What I think he has going against him is that he is not really an "offensive mind." And right now I feel like that gives you an edge if you're looking for a head coaching gig.

uconnjack8

I wonder what his feelings are on SD management.   He would be a perfect fit to make a return.  Their defense is awful and they have a QB and weapons on offense. They don't need the offensive guru to bring the QB along.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 16, 2023, 12:01:00 PMI wonder what his feelings are on SD management.   He would be a perfect fit to make a return.  Their defense is awful and they have a QB and weapons on offense. They don't need the offensive guru to bring the QB along.

No doubt the main problem there during the Herbert era has been the defense, but their offense has not been great this year and Herbert has struggled. They did lose some guys to injury, and Eckler appears to be fading (note he's at that 27/28 cliff age I keep highlighting in Barkley threads), but Herbert was not having a good season prior to this injury. I think Rivera could work there, but they need a real offensive coordinator. I wonder if Davis Webb is ready.

Jclayton92

If I'm Rivera I'm finding a guy from Shanahan tree that is a great play caller but can't get over the hump to get an HC job and I am offering a team the pairing of the two with Rivera as Hc/dc and the offensive minded guy as Assistant HC and Oc.

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs