News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

A Total Ass Kicking

Started by Ed Vette, December 17, 2023, 03:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Did not pass go, did not collect $200.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

brownelvis54

Ed....... just wait until Christmas December 25. The NFL decided to put the Giants versus Philadelphia as the ONLY NFL game scheduled that day so that means the other 30 NFL teams in addition to the global audience get a watch us get ass raped by the Eagles
The KING is in the building

uconnjack8

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 17, 2023, 03:45:34 PMEd....... just wait until Christmas December 25. The NFL decided to put the Giants versus Philadelphia as the ONLY NFL game scheduled that day so that means the other 30 NFL teams in addition to the global audience get a watch us get ass raped by the Eagles

There are 3 games on Christmas day, all 3 have their own time slot.

brownelvis54

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 17, 2023, 03:48:38 PMThere are 3 games on Christmas day, all 3 have their own time slot.

Oh?  lol... my bad., somehow, that does not make me feel better anyways
The KING is in the building

DaveBrown74

Completely outclassed in all three phases of the game. Dominated. Non-competitive. Just pitiful.

Ed Vette

Patty nails it with this recap. Dropped passes, a turnstile of an Offensive Line, lousy play calling, abandoning the run in the second half, no pass rush, poor coverage and I'll add hesitation by the rookie QB. Just a total team letdown.

I have to pin a good portion of this season's woes on GM Joe Schoen for repeating the mistakes of his predecessors with the lack of quality Olinemen and Oline Depth. Totally derailed the Offense and the QBs. How do you spend an average of $40 million a year on a franchise QB and not afford him the protection and Run blocking to get the job done? Pugh is shot, Ezu, Peart, Glowinski, McKethan and Bredeson can't be back next season. They better determine early on if they even want to carry Evan Neal. And if they don't fire the Offensive Line Coach the day the season is over, then there are deeper problems than all of the above. Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes wouldn't be able to function behind that clusterfuck. Draft a QB? For what? To break him like they did Jones?

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

madbadger

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 17, 2023, 03:50:39 PMOh?  lol... my bad., somehow, that does not make me feel better anyways

Hopefully they have home field advantage locked up and they elect to sit their starters.

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

4 Aces

That was disturbing.

Make no mistake - that was a big game, and I expected to see the team fight - and a solid, exciting gameplan - with the season on the line.

Instead they just kind of xxxx themselves. I'm disappointed in this organization if that's the standard in a big game.

TDToomer

Every single thing Patricia said was spot on.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Torus34

Some days are diamonds, some days are stones. [Lyric by Mr. John Denver.]

Yesterday's game was a particularly ugly boulder. It's a rare team indeed that doesn't have one once in a while.

Meanwhile, someone in the Saints organization did a great job of tape-viewing and weak-point spotting. It was almost as if the Saints had a man in the huddle and a direct tap into the Giants defense coordinator's line.

There's always a next game.

Go flag-free, Big Blue!

umassgrad

True, there are good days and bad days but our Giants seem to only have good days against bad teams. The good teams kick our asses every time. It's kind of like Kavon's production, really good against bad teams but a no show against good O lines. I expect KT to have zero sacks against the Eagles in those upcoming games.

Gmo11

Turns out when the opponent doesn't make monumentally stupid turnovers multiple times a game it's harder to win huh? Kayvon still catching strays for no good reason aside...of course they're not going to be successful against the eagles or really any other opponent the rest of the season. Devito didn't play and worse than the previous 3 weeks...he is who he is
.. The difference was this week the opposition didn't shoot themselves in the foot over and over again.

SlotCorner

Yeah that was ugly but not totally unexpected. We beat GB, who lost to Tampa yesterday. Their 3-game win streak may have been just as big a mirage as ours. Our other two wins during this streak came against two of the worst offenses in the NFL.

What I don't get is the lack of pressure on Carr. He is not good under pressure but the Giants seemed content to sit back in zone and hope for coverage sacks that never came. With Olave out, I thought for sure the D would shut him down.

Chalk up the two Eagles games as losses, and if the Rams have something to play for, that one too which leaves us at 5-12. Not bad enough for a top 3 pick, but this team has major issues across the roster. I don't know if you take anything positive out of this season except maybe we found a cheap backup QB and some of the progress of the rookies / young players like Banks and Thibodeaux.

The OL is still a mess. The DL is good but thin. We've got some decent LBs and secondary guys, but Adoree Jackson is done done done. 

katkavage

Ha, Thibs is the least of the Giant's problems. He actually is a keeper on a team with few keepers. And no, he won't get a sack against the Eagles. But the Giants most likely as a team won't do much against them. I would hardly single out Thibs for the losing season the Giants have had.