News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

As bad as it is being Giants fans, it could be worse- poor Jets fans

Started by MightyGiants, December 20, 2023, 12:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

It's Jets dress up with Aaron. If they had any self-respect..they'd tell him go home..prepare for OTAS. Nope. He never fails (Rodgers) to not indulge himself.

:surrender:

katkavage

DaveBrown74

I don't agree or at least fully agree with the main premise of the thread.

Both teams are awful this year and have had miserable seasons.

Does anyone legitimately think the odds favor the Giants being better than the Jets in 2024, based on what we know today? I doubt that myself. The Jets have more talent on their roster than we do, and unless you think Rodgers will be a total dud (which is possible), they seem like they're better positioned specifically for next year than we are.

If one wants to argue that the Giants have a better coach and GM, then I'm fully on board with that and for that reason believe our 3-5 year type outlook is better, but I'm not sure I'd bet on the Giants being better than the Jets next season. And this season is a wash at this point. Both have had awful seasons.

spiderblue43

Dave,

Hoping the Giants will better than anyone..let alone the Jets.. may be dicey. I agree..the Giants have been a non-factor for more than a decade. If this were the Gong Show..it might be too close to call who gets it first-Jints or Jets.

:hurt:

Ed Vette

Have you seen snapshots of Rodgers shaking his head and rolling his eyes on the sidelines in disbelief during a game? Makes me wonder if he ever scouted this Offense before signing a contract. He figures that heads will roll and he might as well start off fresh next season rather than tarnish his legacy. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

SlotCorner

The Jets continue to keep Nathaniel Hackett on the payroll to make Rodgers happy, so they will continue to stink. It is crazy to me that the Jets plan appears to be just to wait for a 40-year-old QB to get back from a major injury.

uconnjack8

Heard on the radio today the Lions can clinch a division title this weekend.  It will be their first since 1993.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 21, 2023, 10:59:51 AMHeard on the radio today the Lions can clinch a division title this weekend.  It will be their first since 1993.

Days of Rodney Pete, Barry Sanders (obviously), and Herman Moore. Solid enough team.

I used to like Moore a lot as a player. He was kind of a monster.

TDToomer

Go Lions Go! The longest NFL city title drought. I want them in the SB and I think whoever wins the NFC will be an easy favorite.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

BluesCruz

lets see

1- they beat us heads up this year
2- they have a future HOF QB starting next year
3- they do not have anchor chains compelling them to start Jones/Barkley
4- they have a record equalling ours with the worst QB in the NFL
5- their roster is better than ours and more stable
6- they do not have Dallas and Philly in their division- perennial powerhouses
Buffalo and Miami are far less stable projecting excellence
7- they are long overdue to win a SB

All in all I would say they are in the better position going into the off season
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Torus34

Why put the knock on the Jets? They're far more true to form than any number of teams I could mention. We know, at the start of a season, that the Jets will continue to bumble along, losing enough games along the way to insure they they're playing golf in sunny climes on Super Bowl Sunday.

Then too, they're endlessly entertaining. At each and every game there's the possibility that they'll come up with yet another new way to blow it or, and this is the gold ring of watching, blow the entire season. Like, this one in just 4 snaps! What team, in the entire history of pro ball, can equal that?

So don't pity the New Jersey Jets fans. They know, based upon over a half-century of evidence, just what sort of a team they root for.

Go flag-free, Big Blue!

kartanoman

Quote from: Torus34 on December 22, 2023, 06:46:29 AMWhy put the knock on the Jets? They're far more true to form than any number of teams I could mention. We know, at the start of a season, that the Jets will continue to bumble along, losing enough games along the way to insure they they're playing golf in sunny climes on Super Bowl Sunday.

Then too, they're endlessly entertaining. At each and every game there's the possibility that they'll come up with yet another new way to blow it or, and this is the gold ring of watching, blow the entire season. Like, this one in just 4 snaps! What team, in the entire history of pro ball, can equal that?

So don't pity the New Jersey Jets fans. They know, based upon over a half-century of evidence, just what sort of a team they root for.

Go flag-free, Big Blue!

Yet, in spite of this, true as it might be in 99 44/100ths cases, it would have to be, as the late Howard Cosell used to describe them, the "Hapless," New York Football Giants, stealing defeat, from the jaws of victory, against the same, New Jersey Jets, you speak of.

Sometimes you shake your head in amazement at how you cannot possibly make some of this stuff up. But, as the late Christopher Allen used to call them, "and the beat goes on!"

On indeed!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)