News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Who is the most underrated player on the Giants right now?

Started by DaveBrown74, December 21, 2023, 12:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Which player on the team is the most underrated right now?

Please explain your answer.

jgrangers2

Jason Pinnock. I feel like he's always making plays and is a very good pass rusher when he's asked to do so.

TONKA56

BluesCruz

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Sem

I can see Pinnock being that guy.
And since Leo's departure I would also submit A'Shawn Robinson. I have no idea what his contract looks like but I wouldn't mind seeing him back next year as a backup/rotational D-Lineman.

Ed Vette

Isiah Hodgins. Underutilized. He's made key receptions and key blocks. They should put 20 lbs on him and line him up in the Y next season.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

B1GBLUE

Dexter Lawrence. dude is a top 15 player in the league, maybe higher. and because he does not put up gaudy sack numbers, he flies under the radar.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: jgrangers2 on December 21, 2023, 01:04:51 PMJason Pinnock. I feel like he's always making plays and is a very good pass rusher when he's asked to do so.

he needs to work on tackling. but he looks good overall, very good at rushing the passer and can make some plays in coverage. he'll be a good one.

Jclayton92

Thibs, guy has 11.5 sacks and 3 FF in his sophomore campaign after people called him a bust at the beginning of the year and doesn't get talked about enough especially getting doubled or chipped on almost every down.

Doc16LT56

Bobby Okereke. Plays every snap and all he does is make plays. Smart player, solid leader, doesn't complain, no off field bs. Reminds me a little of Antonio Pierce.

If Okereke's contract means he isn't underrated, then I'd probably go with Pinnock. This team isn't good enough to have a lot of underrated players though. I think the defense is 29th in run defense which isn't a great look for all these guys on D including the previously traded Leonard Williams.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Doc16LT56

President Rick

Ed beat me to it,,,Hodgins.  He plays hard, catches the ball and doesn't just fall down when hit.  He's a gamer.  I wish he would get more time and throws.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Giant Jim

Right now, I think the whole team is overrated. There were articles earlier this year that the Giants overrate their players. Maybe they have a few worth keeping, but there's not much of a core here. Questions about the QB and most of the offensive line mean a total rebuild unless one of their QB's prove to be "thee guy". Barkley with his contract situation. Same with Adoree Jackson. Some WR's have potential, but that's about it. A few pieces on defense, but they all get recognition and will be getting old by the time the O line and QB situations settle.