News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Trading up in 2024 Draft

Started by Alamo, December 23, 2023, 12:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alamo

The Giants are probably going to draft in position 6/7 with their 1st rd pick..The best OT/OG is a player rated 14th best overall out of Penn St..Let's say the Giants take this player,and they want to pick another player they really want in the 1st round,would Two 2nd round picks get you back up into the 1st round to pick again ??

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Alamo on December 23, 2023, 12:08:06 PMThe Giants are probably going to draft in position 6/7 with their 1st rd pick..The best OT/OG is a player rated 14th best overall out of Penn St..Let's say the Giants take this player,and they want to pick another player they really want in the 1st round,would Two 2nd round picks get you back up into the 1st round to pick again ??

If the Giants really want to take an OT and they're picking sixth overall they should move back several spots. That would give them some more capital and make it easier to move back into the late first round if that's really what they want to do (I hope it's not).

Jolly Blue Giant

Unless Harrison or Drake (assuming the front office wants a QB) is sitting there, they should trade down IMO. They don't have a full quiver of picks this year, so unless they trade away next year's trade assets, they need a couple more picks. First round OTs are so plentiful, they can get a great one if they trade all the way down to 20-25 - there will still be stud tackles available. The OTs in this draft is stacked...at least at the top (top 6 OTs are all first round bound)
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jclayton92

This class is loaded with offensive tackles. There are at least 10-12 with 1st or 2nd round grades. So why use such a high pick when there is excess at the position?

uconnjack8

Tough to say exactly since the 2nd 2nd rounder is not clearly situated yet.  The short answer is the 2 2nd round picks should be enough to get back in the 1st round, the question is how far into the 1st.

JT39

No more OL in round 1. Need a WB and a WR.

All we should look and worry about.

Alamo

The OT listed from Penn St played both Guard,and Tackle,and is expected to play Guard in the NFL..With a player who can play both positions very well,the Giants really need him..I would not draft a QB this draft unless it's one of the top 3 guys..We can get one in the 3rd rd and maybe get lucky..If not,he becomes a young back up,at a low $$ cost..Taylor is gone,so we need another QB anyway.We have to hope Jones stays healthy, and then go for broke at QB in 2025..The O line needs fixed..I have a 53 Chevy with a 6cyl engine..It don't go fast..Never will until I put a 350 or 396 in it..The Giants with any QB,will not get to the SB until the O line is fixed..The Giants & my 53 Chevy are in the same boat..It needs fixed.Anybody have a engine for a poor Giants fan ??

Jclayton92

Quote from: Alamo on December 23, 2023, 03:27:40 PMThe OT listed from Penn St played both Guard,and Tackle,and is expected to play Guard in the NFL..With a player who can play both positions very well,the Giants really need him..I would not draft a QB this draft unless it's one of the top 3 guys..We can get one in the 3rd rd and maybe get lucky..If not,he becomes a young back up,at a low $$ cost..Taylor is gone,so we need another QB anyway.We have to hope Jones stays healthy, and then go for broke at QB in 2025..The O line needs fixed..I have a 53 Chevy with a 6cyl engine..It don't go fast..Never will until I put a 350 or 396 in it..The Giants with any QB,will not get to the SB until the O line is fixed..The Giants & my 53 Chevy are in the same boat..It needs fixed.Anybody have a engine for a poor Giants fan ??
There is no guy to go broke for at Qb in 2025, it's why all the talk surrounding the Qb position has been focused on 2024 for a while now.

If your Oline/truck is broken you don't waste money buying unnecessary extra parts. You come up with a plan, and spending even more draft resources on a problem without finding the root cause of said problem is not plan.

TDToomer

Quote from: JT39 on December 23, 2023, 02:35:25 PMNo more OL in round 1. Need a WB and a WR.

All we should look and worry about.

What's a WB?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on December 23, 2023, 04:28:55 PMWhat's a WB?
I believe it's a Wunning Back ;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on December 23, 2023, 07:10:42 PMI believe it's a Wunning Back ;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the the clarification Mr Fudd
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

DaveBrown74

I thought it was a QB (Q is next to W on the keyboard).