News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Chargers Cut Team Captain

Started by LennG, December 23, 2023, 12:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/chargers-cut-team-captain-ahead-of-matchup-vs-bills/ar-AA1lUEV4?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=03fbb5cd2f6b43eea602e3fa3315bc4d&ei=27

In an surprising move from interim GM JoJo Wooden, the Chargers cut defensive tackle and team captain Sebastian Joseph-Day on Friday.

While Joseph-Day has a career-low 31 tackles, he's set a career-high with 11 quarterback hits and has three sacks, which ties a career best. Joseph-Day had started every game for a Chargers defense that has allowed 24.6 points per game, which is the fifth-most in the NFL.

We seem to need a DT, even for 3 games, might this be worth a look?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

President Rick

has to be something serious for a team to cat a captain mid-season. 
needs a lot of vetting IMO.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: President Rick on December 23, 2023, 04:12:10 PMhas to be something serious for a team to cat a captain mid-season. 
needs a lot of vetting IMO.
Maybe he's sick and tired of the Charger organization. It's not like that would be anything new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

LennG

Still, we need some one to replace LW and why not see what this guy has if not just for 3 games?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

BluesCruz

Quote from: LennG on December 23, 2023, 07:05:02 PMStill, we need some one to replace LW and why not see what this guy has if not just for 3 games?

Could not hurt.  Then again Mara might be wanting to invest that money on free medium pepsi's for documented season ticketholders
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

MagicRat

Hmmmm, as was said, LOTS of red flags here.
But the guy's a player, its probably worth the due diligence.
But I reckon (and I'm no capologist) he'll command a number we may baulk at.
I'm reading that, though he signed a three in 2022, there's no guaranteed money after this season.
Chargers' dead hit is three mil.

Without knowing the minutiae,  you'd guess there's a $ related reason behind this cut also.
Smell my cheese you mother!

Jersey Heel

With the amount of captains the Giants have, it's a 50/50 shot anyone we cut would have been a captain.

andrew_nyGiants

We have a better chance of bringing BIG CAT back for next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!