News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Eagles game thread

Started by MightyGiants, December 25, 2023, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

files58

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 25, 2023, 08:01:20 PMWhy would you not call PI in Philly?  Do they fund the Refs retirement fund?  If that wasnt PI what is?

Really really really bad officiating in this game.

Because that's the league. Of course it was PI, but in that situation it's Moe, Larry, and Curley in stripes. It's happened in non Giant games.

brownelvis54

Quote from: MagicRat on December 25, 2023, 08:03:53 PMYeah, want SF in the one seed. Thing is, I want to pull for Detroit in the post season.
But until this pair of dregs are done,  it's all about the best means of getting them out.

Detroit or 49ers I don't give a damn as long as it's not Dallas or Philly with home-field advantage
The KING is in the building

Woody

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 25, 2023, 08:04:34 PMDetroit or 49ers I don't give a damn as long as it's not Dallas or Philly with home-field advantage
I 100% , undeniably agree.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BluesCruz

Quote from: Messiah717 on December 25, 2023, 08:01:43 PMGo look at the scores of the two Dallas games.  Just stop this crap already.

Yes the Dallas games were bad but the team is still playing hard and the scores are close.   I said we are inching not blasting
Pinnock holds onto that ball in the 1st half and it would have been a different game
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Messiah717

Nothing anyone can do.  Yes, it was clear cut pass interference.  The defender never turned around and made clear contact that would've prevented the catch.

Messiah717

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 25, 2023, 08:10:35 PMYes the Dallas games were bad but the team is still playing hard and the scores are close.   I said we are inching not blasting
Pinnock holds onto that ball in the 1st half and it would have been a different game

The Seahawks beat them so what does it mean?

files58

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 25, 2023, 08:10:35 PMYes the Dallas games were bad but the team is still playing hard and the scores are close.  I said we are inching not blasting

If Simmons hold on.

kartanoman

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 25, 2023, 08:01:02 PMRoot for the 49ers then..... Dallas does poorly when they play away from their home we want the 49ers to get home-field advantage throughout the playoffs

The 49ers are on right now in the Super Bowl preview with Baltmore. Early signs indicate both teams have brought their defense to play! This one's going to be a great one!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

kartanoman

Quote from: kartanoman on December 25, 2023, 08:28:44 PMThe 49ers are on right now in the Super Bowl preview with Baltmore. Early signs indicate both teams have brought their defense to play! This one's going to be a great one!

Peace!

If you didn't get to see the first score in this game, take time to watch it. The 49ers chased Lamar 30 yards into his own end zone, where he collided with the back judge, then tossed the ball away as he was falling down and was called for intentional grounding, and a safety. This is what I want to see the Giants become again one day.

Meanwhile, McCaffrey and Purdy are stressing Baltmore's excellent defense. They're bending but not breaking, yet.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Trench

Thibs isn't elite. He doesn't show up in big games. Until he does he isn't elite.

Ojulari I don't even know what to say

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 25, 2023, 08:42:33 PMInteresting comment by Tyrod Taylor.
https://x.com/snygiants/status/1739460616283103513?
But when Mahomes goes apeshit, people blast him. The point gets lost about the inconsistent calls.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on December 25, 2023, 09:46:47 PMBut when Mahomes goes apeshit, people blast him. The point gets lost about the inconsistent calls.
Yes but I think it's more than that. He alluding to biased non calls of Receivers being held, the Pass Interference on WDR and the last play of the game where a Giants Receiver was pushed out of the endzone. Not just inconsistency. He doesn't want to get fined. Same with Daboll. When asked at the post game presser, he referred those questions to the Officials. Three times. Quite frankly, I think it's BS that the HC can't comment on officiating. They get Carte Blanche privilege. The Officiating has gone downhill and when they can't discuss among themselves or control the flow and outcome of a game, it's bad for the league. It's what conspiracy theories are built off of. The all 22 will be interesting to see. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

files58

Nothing meaningful will be done by the league regarding the officiating. They'll put out the the typical corporate speak statement that will go something like we strive to get the proper calls and are always seeking ways to improve yada yada. Harumph harumph. As long as the cash register rings off the wall why change.