News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Syracuse Orange Football

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, December 27, 2023, 10:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on January 02, 2024, 10:14:16 AMJolly

Where is Syracuse getting all the NIL money from?

Dumpster Dan

I don't think it has anything to do with NIL money, but rather the new coach from the University of Georgia who was the nation's leading recruiter for the last several years. He's brought a lot of players from Georgia with him because he is that popular with the players. He also hails from New Jersey and was deeply involved with high school sports throughout the state and everyone knew him (including Ohio State's QB, Kyle McCord who was personal friends with Kyle's parents). Apparently he's some kind of recruiting guru. I just hope he coaches as well as he recruits

The big NIL provider for Syracuse has been billionaire Adam Weitsman (owner of the largest recycling and scrap metal processing company in the state, perhaps the northeast). Although, a few months ago there was an article that he would no longer be providing NIL money. I don't know if that is true or not  :-?? He had paid significant money to the basketball program in the last couple of years and is a huge Orange fan
 https://dailyorange.com/2023/04/adam-weitsman-to-no-longer-provide-nil-opportunities-at-syracuse/
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Dumpster Dan

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on January 02, 2024, 10:30:41 AMI don't think it has anything to do with NIL money, but rather the new coach from the University of Georgia who was the nation's leading recruiter for the last several years. He's brought a lot of players from Georgia with him because he is that popular with the players. He also hails from New Jersey and was deeply involved with high school sports throughout the state and everyone knew him (including Ohio State's QB, Kyle McCord who was personal friends with Kyle's parents). Apparently he's some kind of recruiting guru. I just hope he coaches as well as he recruits

The big NIL provider for Syracuse has been billionaire Adam Weitsman (owner of the largest recycling and scrap metal processing company in the state, perhaps the northeast). Although, a few months ago there was an article that he would no longer be providing NIL money. I don't know if that is true or not  :-?? He had paid significant money to the basketball program in the last couple of years and is a huge Orange fan
 https://dailyorange.com/2023/04/adam-weitsman-to-no-longer-provide-nil-opportunities-at-syracuse/

Jolly

Its always about the money

Dumpster Dan

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on January 02, 2024, 01:22:06 PMJolly

Its always about the money

Dumpster Dan

Okay Dan...got some information on NIL providers. Adam Weitsman is still out. He's unhappy with SU's Athletic Director who told him he can't bring celebrities to games. He's holding out until the AD is fired. But there's a group of money folks who are not billionaires, but have formed a "gang" for lack of a better word. They have not been providing NIL money to the football program as they did not like Dino Babers and the way he ran the team. They have been pouring in money since the day Babers was fired. One source says that Kyle McCloud is getting 600k of NIL money, but aren't saying what the others have gotten

So yeah...to your point...money talks and teams at the forefront of sports have a lot of NIL providers and it certainly effects decision making by athletes

Dumpster Dan

:knockONwood:

Jolly   College sports has changed drastically

Dumpster Dan

Jclayton92

Man Ole Miss got every player in the portal but Quinshon Judkins just hopped in the portal.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Jclayton92 on January 04, 2024, 06:10:26 PMMan Ole Miss got every player in the portal but Quinshon Judkins just hopped in the portal.

Hmmm...he might look good in orange, LOL

SU does have a history of good running backs like Jim Brown, Joe Morris, Larry Csonka, Floyd Little, Ernie Davis, Jim Nance, etc

Jclayton92

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on January 04, 2024, 06:29:07 PMHmmm...he might look good in orange, LOL

SU does have a history of good running backs like Jim Brown, Joe Morris, Larry Csonka, Floyd Little, Ernie Davis, Jim Nance, etc
Yeah called around and found out that he has a "team" like 5 people around him that are making decisions for him and being on a top 5 team with multiple early picks at Wr, TE, and QB Will take too much attention away from him. The Qb and the oline went to kiffin and asked them to let him go. He had already signed his NIL for next season at 1.2 million and kiffin told him to seek another home. The best RB arguably in college, wild.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Jclayton92 on January 04, 2024, 08:47:38 PMYeah called around and found out that he has a "team" like 5 people around him that are making decisions for him and being on a top 5 team with multiple early picks at Wr, TE, and QB Will take too much attention away from him. The Qb and the oline went to kiffin and asked them to let him go. He had already signed his NIL for next season at 1.2 million and kiffin told him to seek another home. The best RB arguably in college, wild.

If that's the case, he should seek a team that has a great offensive line for rushing and a coach who believes in a run-first strategy...that is, if he's seeking high recognition as a premier RB in the future draft. I'm sure his handlers have already figured that out

Jclayton92

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on January 05, 2024, 08:12:25 AMIf that's the case, he should seek a team that has a great offensive line for rushing and a coach who believes in a run-first strategy...that is, if he's seeking high recognition as a premier RB in the future draft. I'm sure his handlers have already figured that out
That's the weird thing, Kiffin despite people thinking he just chunks the ball around is a run first coach. It's why Judkins broke all those records to begin with.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Jclayton92 on January 05, 2024, 10:21:37 AMThat's the weird thing, Kiffin despite people thinking he just chunks the ball around is a run first coach. It's why Judkins broke all those records to begin with.

Jess, looks like a decision will be made today when a highly touted DB (Marcellus Barnes Jr.) will announce his decision on which school he will commit. Interesting because it appears that it's coming down to Syracuse or Ole Miss by the sounds of things. I'd wish you luck, but "nahh"...LOL

https://syracuse.rivals.com/news/four-star-db-marcellus-barnes-jr-previews-his-upcoming-commitment

Jolly Blue Giant

Jclayton92

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on January 06, 2024, 01:36:37 PMAnd Barnes picks...drum roll...Syracuse! https://uga.rivals.com/news/syracuse-lands-a-commitment-from-four-star-db-marcellus-barnes-jr-
congrats, I'm all for ole miss to grab oline help and a rb right now so db wasn't on my radar.

Jolly Blue Giant

And the hits just keep rolling in. Last night, Michael Nwokocha, 6-5/305 lb defensive lineman, announced that he has chosen Syracuse over a dozen other programs vying for his services including Georgia, Arizona State, Houston, Indiana, Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Purdue, TCU, Tennessee, West Virginia, Oregon, and others. He was the no.1 JUCO player in the transfer portal and 14th overall. He'll join Fadill Diggs (no 3 in the overall transfer portal) on the defensive line. SU beat out Alabama for Diggs services for the next.

Syracuse's biggest weakness, over the years, is a less than adequate trench. They get an occasional star, but one person cannot run the whole line. They have added several major players to both the offensive line and the defensive line. The trench should be the best it's been in many years

Hard not to get excited about my team that has floundered for the last couple of decades. I'm afraid to get my hopes up, but it really seems as if they are building a solid program from the ground up with their new coach, Fran Brown