News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

It's Tyrod time

Started by MightyGiants, December 27, 2023, 11:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

He'll get hurt and TD Tommy will go back in. Wash, rinse, repeat.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

BluesCruz

Thats fair, he earned it in the most hostile of environments

Hopefully, each guy gets a half

Daboll wants to win, and I applaud that
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

DaveBrown74

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 27, 2023, 11:12:19 AMHopefully, each guy gets a half

I really doubt they do this as a pre-set plan. If DeVito plays in the second half, it would either be because Taylor gets injured or because he is so unbelievably bad that they decide to pull him due to unexpectedly terrible performance.

Ed Vette

Evan Neal was placed on Season ending IR.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

spiderblue43

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 27, 2023, 01:10:11 PMEvan Neal was placed on Season ending IR.

Did his season ever begin? What a reclamation project for the next OL coach. :hurt: Bust isn't strong enough a term. :'(

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 27, 2023, 01:10:11 PMEvan Neal was placed on Season ending IR.
This team needs to be placed on season-ending IR  =))
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Quote from: T200 on December 27, 2023, 01:57:26 PMThis team needs to be placed on season-ending IR  =))

In a couple of weeks, it will be.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

spiderblue43

I think Tommy's agent still can get a signing event for his client at Chuckie Cheese.

:greetings:

Giant Obsession

Idiotic.

Glad we found out everything about Tommy to help secure our future direction at a position featuring a draft bust, a 15 year career retread, and another soon to be potential bust.

No wonder we suck....and we do suck.

Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Jclayton92

Just think....

This offseason we could have given the Ravens 2 1st round picks for Lamar Jackson and given him the Jones money plus obviously more.

He's on pace for 4000 yards passing and a 1000 yards rushing.

Giant Obsession

Now now, we will have NONE of that out of the box logical thinking around here in this flagship organization.

We will be much better off with another ACC phenom QB.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

TDToomer

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 27, 2023, 07:14:24 PMJust think....

This offseason we could have given the Ravens 2 1st round picks for Lamar Jackson and given him the Jones money plus obviously more.

He's on pace for 4000 yards passing and a 1000 yards rushing.

That was never happening. The Ravens would have matched it. Plus it would have happened after Jones was resigned.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

BluesCruz

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 27, 2023, 12:46:35 PMI really doubt they do this as a pre-set plan. If DeVito plays in the second half, it would either be because Taylor gets injured or because he is so unbelievably bad that they decide to pull him due to unexpectedly terrible performance.

I dont understand how starting and playing Tyrod Taylor is going to help us move forward

It seems like a personal deal between a couple of former Buffalo Bills

UNLESS there is a plan to move Jones and his contract and the team needs a vet like Taylor on the roster to start next year

Otherwise we are helping Tyrod polish his resume as we are really nice guys

I personally do not see Tyrod as a big uptick from DeVito. Quite the contrary Tyrod has issues in the last 2 minutes of close game

He is a bit quicker afoot than Tommy but not by much

Sidefact- Did you know Tom Landry used to substitute Dandy Don Meredith and Eddie LeBaron on every play?  It worked very well so dont tell me our 2 backups cannot share a half each.  Also dispelling the size myth LeBaron was quite effective at 5 foot nine inches.  Landry did this so he Landry could call every play

Oh well, Onward!!
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"