News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Corey Webster Retires as a Giant

Started by Ed Vette, December 27, 2023, 09:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

spiderblue43

No doubt. Part of the Eli Era and made the overtime interception of Favre in OT to get us to the Supe!

=D>  :ok:

Jclayton92

As opposed to retiring as what? Why is he just now retiring? He hasn't been waiting by the phone for a decade surely..

MagicRat

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 27, 2023, 10:42:54 PMAs opposed to retiring as what? Why is he just now retiring? He hasn't been waiting by the phone for a decade surely..
I was thinking that.
I thought he'd retired ages ago.
I mean, fair play, nice bit of symbolism and a good accolade for a great Giant,  but it's been a minute.
Smell my cheese you mother!

kartanoman

The top draft pick of 2005. A solid CB during the Coughlin era and played in all five playoff seasons under Coughlin's Giants.

A nice gesture and would love to see more more former players do this.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

DaveBrown74

Very solid Giant who contributed to two Super Bowl runs. Congrats on a good NFL career.

LennG

A great team player which, as TC used to say, teams win football games.

As others have said, why is he retiring now?

Wish him well.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

TDToomer

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 27, 2023, 10:42:54 PMAs opposed to retiring as what? Why is he just now retiring? He hasn't been waiting by the phone for a decade surely..

Amen! I think these announcements are silly unless it's within a year or 2 of your final game. He was a career Giant. Who else would he retire with?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs