News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Russell Wilson

Started by Ed Vette, December 28, 2023, 09:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TDToomer

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 28, 2023, 12:39:16 PMGive me a cheap Qb ala Minshew, Mayfield, or Tyrod until we can get rid of Jones. That's unless we draft someone.

Mayfield is no longer going to be cheap. They are saying the Bucs will give him a nice extension. Drew Lock maybe?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 28, 2023, 12:39:16 PMGive me a cheap Qb ala Minshew, Mayfield, or Tyrod until we can get rid of Jones. That's unless we draft someone.
Minshew!
Gesundheit!
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Quote from: TDToomer on December 28, 2023, 01:47:22 PMMayfield is no longer going to be cheap. They are saying the Bucs will give him a nice extension. Drew Lock maybe?
I'd take Brissett and Darnold before Lock.

uconnjack8

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 28, 2023, 01:35:21 PMEli Manning won two Super Bowls; should the Giants sign him?

What does that have to do with saying Wilson is a failure? Are you saying Eli was a failure?

Here was my take prior to me asking about the failure comment.

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 28, 2023, 09:38:53 AMI don't think he is as far in decline as some thought, but I don't want the Giants to sign him.

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 28, 2023, 01:58:16 PMWhat does that have to do with saying Wilson is a failure? Are you saying Eli was a failure?

Here was my take prior to me asking about the failure comment.

I am talking about Russel Wilson in the here and now, the one that got his arse kicked off the Seahawks and benched by the Broncos.  Here and now matters because the discussion is about the Giants acquiring him.   Talking about long ago Super Bowls makes about as much sense as talking about Eli Manning's long ago Super Bowls
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Imagine if through 15 games Daniel Jones had 26 TD passes, 8 picks, no injuries, and was 7th in the league in QB rating.

Then imagine the reactions here if anyone referred to that as a "failure."

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 30, 2023, 09:05:53 AMImagine if through 15 games Daniel Jones had 26 TD passes, 8 picks, no injuries, and was 7th in the league in QB rating.

Then imagine the reactions here if anyone referred to that as a "failure."
Imagine paying a QB with 11 wins over two seasons and 3000 yards passing season to date 161 million in guaranteed money.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 30, 2023, 10:11:07 AMImagine paying a QB with 11 wins over two seasons and 3000 yards passing season to date 161 million in guaranteed money.

And giving up five draft picks and three players. Ouch
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world