News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Wink calls Rams HC Sean McVay a "once in a generation type talent"

Started by DaveBrown74, December 28, 2023, 08:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: T200 on December 28, 2023, 09:40:45 PMHow could that be a swat at Daboll?

Just talking about how the opposing head coach is a "once in a generation" talent, which is pretty much saying he's much better than his team's head coach.

Normally I wouldn't even notice something like that but these two did appear to potentially have some issues this year.

T200

I don't see it as a negative towards Daboll, even indirectly or inadvertently, even if Leonard tries to steer it in that direction.

Opponents often compliment each other before a matchup. Leonard is just trying to start 💩.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Giant Obsession

Maybe Wink is trying to give Daboll a "spark"

Though a wakeup call would be more appropriate.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Wink rocking the Nike Grinches, btw, a Christmas gift from ... safety Xavier McKinney
@NYDNSports

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 29, 2023, 10:17:29 AMMcVay is a brilliant playcaller.  Plus there is this

While O'Connell seems to be doing a good job so far, there are some lemons in that list of disciples. Staley and Hackett come to mind. I'm also not overly sold on Zac Taylor.

That's nothing against McVay btw... I think he is quite possibly the best coach in the league right now. More that it just reminds me a little of Belichick in that just auto-hiring his assistants/coordinators has not proven to be a good strategy at all.

AYM

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 29, 2023, 10:17:29 AMMcVay is a brilliant playcaller.  Plus there is this

Isn't Mike McDaniel on that coaching tree as well?

BlueMoshik

DaveBrown74

Quote from: BlueMoshik on December 30, 2023, 04:11:19 AMI think Mike McDaniel is more talented.

Possibly, although McVay has the hardware. Not just the Super Bowl win but another SB appearance. He's 7-3 in the postseason already and he's only 37. McDaniel has made the postseason once in two tries, and he lost the one game convincingly.

The above doesn't mean McDaniel isn't more talented as a coach - as I said above, it's possible. But McVay has established that he can coach a team to big wins. He has been to the SB with two different QBs already. And that franchise STUNK before he got there. It's not like he was handed some good situation the way Mike Tomlin was in Pittsburgh.

I feel McDaniel needs to show us something in postseason play before I'm willing to consider him being better than McVay. He's doing a very good job so far, but I need to see him take his team somewhere legit in postseason play before I start calling him the most talented coach in the league or anything like that.