News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Eagles coach

Started by MightyGiants, January 01, 2024, 04:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 02, 2024, 09:14:01 AMI can't help but feel like the Eagles will screw over the Giants, yet again, by tanking their last game.

It worries me a bit too, Rich.

With that said, the Eagles want a Super Bowl more than anything else, clearly, and their own seeding situation is not 100% certain going into this game. Maybe if Dallas is up by 3 TDs at halftime or something we'll start to see the Eagles put scrubs in, but as long as that game is within two scores, I don't see how the Eagles will tank knowing they could be hurting themselves.

uconnjack8

Quote from: kartanoman on January 02, 2024, 10:30:15 AMLet's all get real for a second, now. Have we all forgotten, already, that the Rams all but gift-wrapped the game for the Giants on Sunday and yet, in spite of that, they pulled off a stunt not even Charlie Brown, with the football, could possibly have conceived against Lucy?

Yet, we have a cast of "Who dunnit" mystery authors here which would even make the late Pat Summerall =)) back in the 1980s when, at the end of Giant games, he'd rattle the CBS Sunday Night TV line-up with "Murder .................. She Wrote."

I say this mostly tongue in cheek, playfully, but these conspiracy theories are just that. The Iggles will more than likely take out their frustrations on Sunday in preparation for the playoffs and then rest their players. If the Giants go toe to toe with them, their ability to close games down-right scares me. That's about as real a scenario there is for Sunday afternoon.

Peace!

Reminds me of when the Patriots plucked Jake Ballard off waivers a decade ago and some thought it was just to "screw the Giants".  He never made it to the field for that Pats and only caught 7 more passes before he was out of the league, but there was hand wringing over the move.

kartanoman

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 02, 2024, 10:54:44 AMReminds me of when the Patriots plucked Jake Ballard off waivers a decade ago and some thought it was just to "screw the Giants".  He never made it to the field for that Pats and only caught 7 more passes before he was out of the league, but there was hand wringing over the move.

Exactly! Great example!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 01, 2024, 04:04:28 PMhttps://x.com/ralphvacchiano/status/1741922889954123999?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ
Rich: My detestation of Siriani is boundless, endless and cannot be overstated.

He's not only undeservedly lucky, he is a jerk. What a turd.

This is my final mention of the issue. I've been pounding it repeatedly for years. Apologies to anyone offended.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Hadron

Philly offense is stale without Steichen. You can see the impact on both the Eagles and the Colts.

We all know about the post-Gannon era with that defense.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Hadron on January 02, 2024, 02:19:39 PMPhilly offense is stale without Steichen. You can see the impact on both the Eagles and the Colts.

We all know about the post-Gannon era with that defense.

I think the Eagles and this past offseason was a prime example of recency bias.  All offseason, the pundits were falling all over each other to declare every move the Eagles made as brilliant and proof that Howie Roseman was a generational GM genius.

They ignored the loss of coordinators.

They ignored the team aging, especially in key positions.

They ignored the team acquiring injury-prone players

Now, all those things that were ignored are becoming major factors for this team.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

spiderblue43

The Eagles tanking? Oh..no way. To suggest that is asinine anyone. Idiotic. How stupid to broach that with so much possibly on the line for them.

We'll see. :doh:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 02, 2024, 02:26:45 PMI think the Eagles and this past offseason was a prime example of recency bias.  All offseason, the pundits were falling all over each other to declare every move the Eagles made as brilliant and proof that Howie Roseman was a generational GM genius.

They ignored the loss of coordinators.

They ignored the team aging, especially in key positions.

They ignored the team acquiring injury-prone players

Now, all those things that were ignored are becoming major factors for this team.

Good post and I agree.

The corners in particular stand out. Slay is 33 now, and Bradberry is now on the wrong side of 30. That's a tricky position to be over 30 at, as you sometimes see corners drop off a cliff in just one season. Just a half step of quickness difference is huge at that position. Tack on the fact that their safeties aren't very good and linebacker has been a persistent issue for them and you can see why they've been burned significantly in the air this year, often by not even that great teams.

They've got other age issues there for key guys. Cox, Lane Johnson, and Kelce are all in their mid 30s. Those are huge names.