News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- NY6-CFP Bowls

Started by Jclayton92, December 30, 2023, 12:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 01, 2024, 12:18:05 PMI get that it's all a business, but I have to say it annoys me to no end that we have all this spare time over the holidays, and yet the time slot they're giving us for one of the only two postseason games that actually matter today is 8:45pm EST. We have had all this spare time and all these mornings to sleep in as late as we want, and right before the first work day of the year they're saying anyone on the east coast who wants to watch this game to the end needs to be up until about 1am the night before the first work day of the year.

We've been waiting for weeks for these games, and they're basically making one of them impossible to watch until the end if you live anywhere in this area if you have anything before a 7am wakeup (I'm up at 5:15 on workdays) and want to be fresh and on your game the next day. They couldn't do these two games at 3pm and 7pm? Why would that be a problem for West Coast audiences? The West Coast has no problem watching NFL games at 10am. Why is noon on New Years' Day a problem? They could do one or two of any of these other meaningless, irrelevant bowl games that nobody cares about in the later slots.

Now a 9:10 start.  This game will not finish until around 1 AM.  Absurd.

katkavage

If Penix didn't have that injury history he would be in the high first round discussion. He still might go in the first as will Nix.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 01, 2024, 08:55:55 PMNow a 9:10 start.  This game will not finish until around 1 AM.  Absurd.

So stupid. All this free time over the holidays and now one of the only two games that matter is basically unwatchable in this part of the country unless you want to stay up until the wee hours of the morning right before the first business day of the year.

Makes plenty of sense.

uconnjack8

Quote from: katkavage on January 01, 2024, 09:13:31 PMIf Penix didn't have that injury history he would be in the high first round discussion. He still might go in the first as will Nix.

Totally agree. Very accurate, great pocket presence.   

jgrangers2

Quote from: katkavage on January 01, 2024, 09:13:31 PMIf Penix didn't have that injury history he would be in the high first round discussion. He still might go in the first as will Nix.

He's also going to be 24 in May. May not matter THAT much to some but I know some teams do care about that.

On another note, Ja'Tavion Sanders looks like a potential weapon as a tight end. I'm wondering if he'd be a potential round 2 target if the Giants decide to move on from Waller.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: jgrangers2 on January 01, 2024, 11:54:49 PMHe's also going to be 24 in May. May not matter THAT much to some but I know some teams do care about that.

Penix has been good for a while though. I care about the age thing more when you have a 23/24 year old QB who was in college for a while and was only good in his final year. We saw that with Pickett for example.

To be fair, the same could be said of Burrow, so it's clearly not a hard and fast rule.

jgrangers2

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 02, 2024, 11:26:13 AMPenix has been good for a while though. I care about the age thing more when you have a 23/24 year old QB who was in college for a while and was only good in his final year. We saw that with Pickett for example.

To be fair, the same could be said of Burrow, so it's clearly not a hard and fast rule.

Yeah, I definitely don't see it as a big deal. He'll only be about 8 months older than Burrow was when he was drafted. The ACL issues he's had are probably a bigger red flag.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: jgrangers2 on January 02, 2024, 12:13:38 PMYeah, I definitely don't see it as a big deal. He'll only be about 8 months older than Burrow was when he was drafted. The ACL issues he's had are probably a bigger red flag.

Agreed. Especially considering our track record on helping our players avoid injury.

katkavage

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 02, 2024, 12:57:44 PMAgreed. Especially considering our track record on helping our players avoid injury.
I agree, however, if the Giants couldn't get their top QB at 5 or 4, then I would trade the pick, get another first rounder this year (preferably in the top 15) and next year and other picks this year, maybe use the later first round pick on Penix and the extra picks this year to fortify the line and defense. If Penix doesn't work out they will have an extra first round pick to play with next year.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: katkavage on January 02, 2024, 01:12:42 PMI agree, however, if the Giants couldn't get their top QB at 5 or 4, then I would trade the pick, get another first rounder this year (preferably in the top 15) and next year and other picks this year, maybe use the later first round pick on Penix and the extra picks this year to fortify the line and defense. If Penix doesn't work out they will have an extra first round pick to play with next year.

Right, although it's kind of tough to know if a QB "worked out" after just one season. Using that approach, the Bills would have moved on from Josh Allen after his rookie year.

DaveBrown74

This is great. First off the Dad looks just like Jim Harbaugh. Secondly you can see from both parents where his energy and intensity and confidence all come from:

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1742236656105562231